Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 05:36 AM

Noise!

I hate noise. It has been quite cold here lately. So, today it was actually warm. I went to sit on my porch to drink coffee and read the newspaper. Mind you, this was early sunday afternoon.

So, what happens? Some moron down the street decides to run his damn leaf blower for over two hours. It is March, leaves fell many months ago. Grass not growing yet, WTF is his problem?

I hate leaf blowers.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 11:24 AM

Re: Noise!

I always think (we live in a flat) people have to be able to live so I tune out noise as much as possible, if I want peace I head out to the countryside.

When the council clear our leaves etc 3 times a year it's bedlam, 6 guys 4 leaf blowers and 2 chainsaws all going at once LOL

What annoys me more is the thud thud thud of neighbours music, you can't hear the tune or the words just that thudding boom of the bass. Now that can gradually drive a person mad IMO.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 02:29 PM

I too don't like noise if I decide to go and sit outside, especially if someone decides to mow the lawn, what a din.

Then I have to remind myself if its nice/dry then other people have the same idea.

Still annoying though.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 02:39 PM

What gets me is why children have to scream as they play ? Never used to be the case . Next door got a trampoline for their pair and as soon as the weather stays decent they jump and down squealing at the tops of their voices for hours on end. Also invite all their friends to come round for a communal squeal in. Sometimes have to go out for a drive around to get away from it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 05:31 PM

Next door to us is a couple with 5 kids (the one's who had 25+ kids camping in the garden last summer) It's bad enough when they're out playing, but now they've got a springer spaniel, it's demented, races up & down the fence trying to get at poor old Floyd, who gets himself in a tizz and actually barks (usually reserved for pigeons), that's not enough, the woman goes out there shrieking at it, not words, weird noises, like Hyacinth Bucket's singing or a soprano cuckoo! Bring back the rain!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 05:53 PM

I used to have a noise problem - neighbour on the opposite side of the road used to come home in the early hours of the morning and then practice on a full-sized drum kit. Needless to say he woke me, I dressed, crossed the road, knocked on his door and told him in no uncertain terms that if he persisted in making such noise in the early hours of the morning I would ram his drum sticks so far up his arse he'd need the assistance of a proctologist to extract them. All went quite for a few months, but then he recommenced his practice again in the early hours of one Saturday morning. I again dressed, and walked across the road and remonstrated with him a second time. Again all was quiet and peace restored, until the following weekend when he started yet again. By this time I had had enough, phoned the Council's Environmental Health Office and they sent a very nice noise abatement officer to come and see me and let me explain my problem. He walked across the road, and called on this neighbour - all went very quiet and remained so for several years until finally two years ago he moved out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 11:24 PM

I have to agree with both Curmudgeon and Twizard here. I would never have been left to squeal and scream outside, I'd have been told about neighbours not wanting to hear it all day.
The very nice lady who lives next door but one to me has her grandchildren over every Sunday and they drive me nuts screaming and arguing all day in the garden, then their father goes out and shouts even louder to make himself heard. I love my Sundays outside in the summer but people like that spoil the peace and solitude completely.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2014, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
What gets me is why children have to scream as they play ? Never used to be the case . Next door got a trampoline for their pair and as soon as the weather stays decent they jump and down squealing at the tops of their voices for hours on end. Also invite all their friends to come round for a communal squeal in. Sometimes have to go out for a drive around to get away from it.

You'll have to sneak in one dark night and sabotage the trampoline, Eric.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2014, 01:47 PM

A neighbour of ours has decided to do child-minding so now we have to put up with screaming and shouting children in their garden for most of the day. It's not that I don't like children but the noise is horrendous.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Now I know why I live in a park for the over 55, no children allowed. MMM but then there are dogs.... but i prefer dogs to children so all reins supreme.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top