Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 02:53 AM

Johnathan Creek

What have they done to one of my favourite tv series? Bad enough they married him of to that dreadful woman and turfed him out of his windmill, but her idiotic friend, and drippy 'aunt'? Come on they were awful. And what about that utterly pointless and altogether moronic wannabe? Think maybe will forego the rest of the series.
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 08:14 AM

Re: Johnathan Creek

What a disappointment!

It must have a new script writer - it was awful.......

We never used to miss it before.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 08:28 AM

I've not watched it yet but I had a feeling it was going to be a let down. I loved Caroline Quentin as his sidekick, so funny. And losing the windmill? That was one of the things that identified him! I might not bother to watch.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 09:30 AM

Really wasn't good was it and I felt so sorry for that little horse carrying him it spoiled the show for me.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by artybez ->
What a disappointment!

It must have a new script writer - it was awful.......

We never used to miss it before.
very true artybez I think I suffered it for 15 mins
then knocked it off ....a real disappointment.
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Really wasn't good was it and I felt so sorry for that little horse carrying him it spoiled the show for me.
...and did he HAVE to wear the oversized hat - cheap laugh, maybe.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 12:32 PM

Very disappointed too.
A wife! No windmill! And though I'm not a fan of Caroline Quentin, I missed the silly and serious, will they, won't they of their characters.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
What have they done to one of my favourite tv series? Bad enough they married him of to that dreadful woman and turfed him out of his windmill, but her idiotic friend, and drippy 'aunt'? Come on they were awful. And what about that utterly pointless and altogether moronic wannabe? Think maybe will forego the rest of the series.
After the offering the other day I'm now wondering whether to bother with this in the future!

The edge is gone from what I've seen.

Yes the windmill's gone and his wife is a drip but all the characters seemed to be trying to outdo each other in terms of neurosis!

One of the things I liked about this series before was the clues were often there for the viewer to pit himself against the TV character.

That's gone, apart from the obvious picture upside down scene - well it was to me, as I read "Holmes" immediately and thought 'why's it upside down?' but we knew about the make-up artist anyway didn't we, so it wasn't that hard to guess, or was was it?!

I may just watch the next one to see if it does improve but TV's almost always like this with resurrected successful series not quite up to the original. stevmk2
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 07:24 PM

I'm afraid this most recent showing of Jonathan Creek was a complete load of rubbish and I shant bother watching the rest.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 08:50 PM

I concur! But, still love Alan!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top