Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 09:51 PM

A day in Alicante

Today I´ve been in Alicante, it was a very cold morning but got very warm in the afternoon. My friends and I did a lot of walking, we had a lovely lunch then late afternoon we went to the Valor chocolate factory. First round the chocolate museum, then round the factory, ending up in the shop where lots of free chocolates were on offer. It´s been a really good day.

Santa Barbara castle

Outside a fish restaurant

A street for children

lunch

MrsKaia
California, USA
MrsKaia is female  MrsKaia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2014, 10:19 PM

Re: A day in Alicante

Looks great! Especially lunch
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 12:45 AM

Lovely pics Loretta, I love the one with the walkway along the avenue of palm trees ....very pretty
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 03:45 AM

Gosh, that brought back memories. We were there a few years ago and I had forgotten how impressive the mountain is and the lovely tiled walkway. Very good photos!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 09:07 AM

Fab photos especially the food. Brings back memories to me too Jay
I had a mad thought that I would like to have a nice walk in Spain.
So I looked on line and found a cheap flight to Alicante. So off I
went for a two day trip and a walk. It was a great place and I
did my usual miles around a new place that I like to do.
Unfortunately, it was the same time as the stupid Volcano blew
in Iceland, and we had to cut our trip shorter than the 2 days
otherwise we might have been there 2 weeks until the dust from
the Volcano had calmed down.
Would love to go again so might get another mad idea, you never know.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 11:51 AM

Alicante looks a lovely place Loretta the fish looks nice and fresh..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 02:45 PM

We've been to the Valor Factory but it was in Villajoyosa, not in Alicante - is that the one you went to?

The other photos all look familiar Alicante places to me though.

We liked Alicante a lot but in the main town centre the smell of diesel from all the traffic is a bit much!!

Couldn't wait to get back to the Esplanade d'espagne for some fresh air!! stevmk2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2014, 08:05 PM

You are right stevmk2, the chocolate factory is indeed in Villajoyosa. It was my second visit there, nice to get free chocolate. The traffic in Alicante can be a nightmare, always so much of it, but it is a lovely city and the old part in particular is lovely.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
You are right stevmk2, the chocolate factory is indeed in Villajoyosa. It was my second visit there, nice to get free chocolate. The traffic in Alicante can be a nightmare, always so much of it, but it is a lovely city and the old part in particular is lovely.
I agree with you there clumsy.

If you ever get the chance, Valencia is quite nice.

We've been to Barcelona twice and it is absolutely HUGE but Valencia's more compact and you can get away from traffic etcetera and walk in the Turia Gardens.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tu...w=1366&bih=643

Wouldn't mind living there either - fabulous indoor food market!! stevmk2
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-03-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I agree with you there clumsy.

If you ever get the chance, Valencia is quite nice.

We've been to Barcelona twice and it is absolutely HUGE but Valencia's more compact and you can get away from traffic etcetera and walk in the Turia Gardens.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tu...w=1366&bih=643

Wouldn't mind living there either - fabulous indoor food market!! stevmk2
I´ve been to Valencia a few times, I love it there. Oceanografic is absolutely fantastic, an incredible place, I could spend days and days there. Granada too is a brilliant place to visit, Cuenca is a big favourite too. We are quite lucky really I think, we have some really excellent coach tours, i.e. a 3 day all inclusive trip to Cuenca costs 138/9 euros, including full board, trips out etc. Barcelona is a wonderful place, we have Spanish friends who live there, we also have Spanish friends in Madrid and La Coruna. I do consider myself lucky to be living here, this is our 14th year here and we have no regrets at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top