Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2014, 10:40 PM

Call The Midwife

(Can't find a thread for this.)

I've decided I don't like that McGann chap or his character. He seems a bit creepy, I don't like the way he comes home, sits down and lights up a cigarette. I don't like the way he talks with his head down on his chest. I don't like the silly indulgent smile at his wife and son as they are at leisure. And she irritates me. Couldn't they have found someone a bit better?

In fact, I'm beginning to find the family a bit too twee!

Sad to see Chummie and Peter starting to argue more. The honeymoon period is definitely over.

But I love all the others in the cast.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 12:38 AM

Re: Call The Midwife

Janet I agree about the creepy doctor with greasy brill cream hair who overdoes the 'I am smoking because we didn't know any better in those days'.
As he sits there with a leer on his face I expect him to click his fingers at any moment and to say 'get your clothes off woman' .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Janet I agree about the creepy doctor with greasy brill cream hair who overdoes the 'I am smoking because we didn't know any better in those days'.
As he sits there with a leer on his face I expect him to click his fingers at any moment and to say 'get your clothes off woman' .
Yes, he does leer! I forgot that expression.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 09:47 AM

I liked him in most other things he has done so must be this character that is so annoying. Mind his wife drives me batty too.
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 10:16 AM

Sadly, this series hasn't been so good, I think.

I don't like that man either - seems to be a dark secret about him - doesn't want to fill in the adoption forms?

The old nun is getting on my nerves......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by artybez ->
Sadly, this series hasn't been so good, I think.

I don't like that man either - seems to be a dark secret about him - doesn't want to fill in the adoption forms?

The old nun is getting on my nerves......
Maybe he is a 'Mr Rochester' with a wife alive in an asylum or maybe he was a foundling himself.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

24-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Or just being typical of a man from the 50s. Sister Monica Joan makes me laugh, and I'm warming to Fred more.

Doesn't Trixie have a terribly posh voice?! Lol.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 12:08 PM

That old nun is getting on my nerves too - perhaps they'll kill her off.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
Noooo love her !!
zinnia
Wiltshire
zinnia is female  zinnia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
In my humble opinion anyone who became a nun must have been a bit 'batty' in the first place. Actually I did go to a convent primary school where the nuns were as hard as nails - not all sweetness and light as portrayed in this programme.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top