Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 11:32 AM

Things you did when you were kids?

This post was inspired by Grumblewagons Valspar paint advert
When I was about 13 my Brother had an old Motor bike and used to park it outside. He was very proud of it. One day he was going out for the afternoon and I wanted to earn some spending money. I mentioned his bike looked like it needed a good uplift in its looks and could I paint it.
He said Yes but nothing mad in colour. I said I would use the paint left over which was stored in the cellar.
My sister and I set about painting the bike in my fav colour.
When my Brother came back he nearly fainted and said I told you not to paint it in a mad colour. I said I didn't its my favourite colour. He said I know but its Turquoise.
Well I am a girlie.

Can you remember when you were younger anything you
did similar?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Re: Things you did when you were kids?

Love the story Sandy - have to put me thinking 'ead on .....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 12:14 PM

When I was about 13 years old I did something which was a bit more than just naughty, it was vandalism so I prefer not to talk about it. In my own defence I didn't realise the seriousness of it at the time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 12:57 PM

Your not alone there Alan, but I can't remember if I was aware of the seriousness or not.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 01:21 PM

We only had a Court Yard for a back garden and when I was a kid I used to play out there, and my parents had a dis-used Garden Shed which I made into a Dolls House and had my friends round and the Dog and Cat used to be in there with us as well. I also made a Wooden Kennel for the Dog, and the Cat called Candy I used to dress her up in my Dolly clothes and put her in the Pram and ride her round the garden.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 01:32 PM

My naughty antic was when Dad asked me to go to the corner shop and get him his 10 weights (cigs) and a bottle of milk. I said to Dickie, 10 weights, bottle of milk and that large bar of chocolate, - 'on the slate', probably me cheeky grin prompted him to ask, 'Did yer Dad say to put this on the slate' handing me the chocolate. Oh yes, says I
Of course it was not true and Dad was not too happy with Pats
Moiramary
Lincoln
Moiramary is female  Moiramary has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 04:56 PM

My sister and I decided to play house in the old air raid shelter at the bottom of the garden. There was an old stove there so we lit a fire in it! If a neighbour hadn't noticed the smoke billowing out of the entrance I wouldn't be here to tell the tale.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 05:48 PM

In my early teens I used to sail with a friend in a GP14 dingy. We knew that if you gybed with the centre board down, you would capsize. We also knew that if you were quick, you could climb over the side, stand on the centre board and right the boat. Then it was the case of getting moving and opening the self-balers.

This all happened near where the Stranraer - Larne ferry sailed and my friend said that tourists always had a few frames left in their cameras. So, we used to wait till the ferry was about to leave, sail past it, wave at the passengers, and then capsize. Of course people would rush to the rails, take photos, we would right the boat, wave again and sail off.

Stupid thing to do, but we must be on quite a few photos.
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 09:00 PM

When i was much much younger i decided to make my own fireworks, i bought saltpetre and sulphur from the chemist and made charcoal from burnt wood which made me a simple gunpowder,by adding othe ingredients i could make crude fireworks. my brother once thought the mixture needed more charcoal so he lit a piece of wood and with the stick still burning he tapped the end into the powder, there was a great flsh which burnt a hole in the ceiling and rendered his blind for while, well, we were very young and not a little foolish, but how dangerous. Dont try this at home.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2014, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
When i was much much younger i decided to make my own fireworks, i bought saltpetre and sulphur from the chemist and made charcoal from burnt wood which made me a simple gunpowder,by adding othe ingredients i could make crude fireworks. my brother once thought the mixture needed more charcoal so he lit a piece of wood and with the stick still burning he tapped the end into the powder, there was a great flsh which burnt a hole in the ceiling and rendered his blind for while, well, we were very young and not a little foolish, but how dangerous. Dont try this at home.
I also made fireworks Bill but, fortunately, I had no mishaps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top