Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 02:03 PM

A Story What I wrot

Dave, the Boring Cat

My name is Dave and I live in a house with two other animals’ two very boring animals. Our mother has taught them to treat cats kindly so they do. They never chase me, they rarely snap at me unless I actually bite down on an ear or tail so this kitten gets his enjoyment from teasing the dog next door.
My favourite game is to wait until he is comfortably asleep near the glass doors of his house. All I have to do is just jump up onto the wall which divides his house from mine and he jumps up, barking and waiving his lovely white tail. Sometimes I don’t notice that the glass is not there and that the dog with his tail can run outside, once or twice he has nearly caught me as surprisingly he can jump quite high. He has never caught me and I can sit further up the wall where he can’t reach and laugh at him, I wave my tail at him and he barks again and again, eventually his mum or dad come to the glass and say ‘what are you making all that noise for?’ in a sort of telling off voice sometimes they make him go inside and that is not what I like, I like him to be there so that I can tease him and laugh at him.
The very best time to play is when it is dark and the mice come out for me to run after and maybe catch. When I am tired of catching mice, I simply walk past the glass, now I know because I have peeked at the glass and seen the dog is asleep with his mum and dad. If I stare long enough at the glass it wakes him up and he jumps up and barks really loudly in the dark and runs to the door. I pretend to be scared and run away until he is quiet again and then I go back and stare at the glass soon he will jump up again and bark and his dad usually comes and opens the glass to let him out. I hide until he has decided to go back inside and then I just show my bright eyes at him and he jumps up and barks really loudly the trouble is if I keep doing this he will get told to stop barking and come in. I sit on the wall and laugh and because of this the dog has got cross and watches for me and then I pretend to run away.
Now I know this dog is a very special dog, he barks at me and will chase me but if I suddenly stop running and sit down and raise my fur and hiss a little bit he will stop, he doesn’t run away but he just stops and looks at me. One day I had such a lot of fun, I was hiding outside where there are lots of places to hide. The dog came outside and I looked at him over the top of a box, he ran towards the box and I went and hid behind another box.
This was fun but soon the dog got bored with me just like me and my own dogs. I didn’t like this at all, and then the dog went inside his house because he was bored, and I didn’t like that.
Another time the dog was coming back from a walk with his mum and I hid underneath his dad’s car and as he walked past I just crept out from under the car. There was a sort of skidding sound has his paws skidded on the stones and he ran after me barking with his big white tail swishing. I ran to the wall but he kept running and came all the way into my dad’s garden, I wasn’t scared because I was on a wall and he couldn’t reach me.
One day when the sun was really warm I sat on a bench outside dog’s house, it was warm in the sun and I think I went to sleep. Suddenly dog was there, he sniffed along the bench, he could smell cat, but he had not noticed me asleep on the bench, he continued to sniff until his nose got to me, I could see he was surprised, I did my fur rising and hissed a little but he didn’t take any notice and just walked off, but when I tried to get to the wall he chased me and I only just made it to the wall. Then I looked at him and he pushed his nose right up and his mum and dad laughed and then he just turned and walked inside his house because he had more important things to do.
I followed him into his house which was quite brave, there he was asleep and I even walked past him and he stayed asleep. I walked on and saw the dogs mum she looked surprised but she didn’t bark instead she called the dog and laughed and said ‘look who has walked into your house’ chase her out she is not supposed to be here… I am not a she I am a he cat, dogs mum was wrong I am a he cat not a she cat.
The dog chased me out of the house but then he got bored, I didn’t like that so I walked past him back into the house and went up the stairs and sat on the stairs and looked at him and to my surprise he sat at the bottom of the stairs and just looked at me. That happened until his mum came and shooed me out of the house. Since then I have been thinking about new games to play so that the dog will not get bored with me, like my own dogs are boring to me.
I still play the glass and wall game, and I hide so that when dog comes out of his house I can jump out and frighten him but he barks and waves his big white tail and doesn’t chase me anymore, which makes me sad. Do you think this makes me a boring cat?

Maybe others would like to write a song, poem or story and we could give each effort marks out of ten.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 02:14 PM

Re: A Story What I wrot

Well you get 10/10 from me Cookie - takes me all my time to write a shopping list
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 02:16 PM

Oh God - I pictured every scene, it was great to read - especially liked the cat 'laughing' at the dog 'cos he couldn't reach her .....

I give it 9 !

I'll see what I can come up with .....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 04:29 PM

Thanks for that ladies. I love the relationship between dogs and cats, cats know they own us but dogs so love to belong to us.

Se what you can knock up about anything at all,
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 04:38 PM

Not on good form today - but I will give it a go when I can
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2014, 11:33 AM

That was very good Cookiecate,
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

12-02-2014, 01:03 PM

Come on ladies and g's on another thread people said they were bored with the same old games, so I thought you clever lot could knock up a joke, story or poem really easy, so get writing you lot.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2014, 01:38 PM

Talking of cats and dogs ...

Dogs are slaves
At your command.
They squirm and roll,
They lick your hand.

Dogs die of love
If you should leave –
Refuse to eat
And whine and grieve.

Dogs only ask
To be thrown sticks,
Ingratiating
With their tricks.

Man’s fragile self
Loves sycophants,
And how well dogs
This self enhance.

But take a cat –
A slave to none,
A haughty
Enigmatic one.

You give, it takes,
Secure in grace –
And in my heart
A special place.

Sorry, think this should be in Leisure Activities - I'll pop a few more in there)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-02-2014, 01:51 PM

Loverly, Eccles - and its in the right place !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-02-2014, 02:44 PM

I wrote this for a little blackbird, that I named Pepi ......

Theres a sweet little bird and from April to September,
He sings his sweet song, no matter what the weather.
The wind may be blowing, the rain may fall
And there he is, with his sweet - sweet call.
Right at the top of the tree - sits he,
Letting me know he's there ....
The sight and sound of this little bird
Is all I need - when I feel despair ........

Ooo-er
I saw a little bird in a tree
You know what he said .... 'Wheres my 'bleep-ing' BREAD !'

Cheeky Birdie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top