Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 11:45 AM

Passing of a loved one

My lovely brother passed away on Saturday at the very young age of 60 leaving a wife two children and 6 grand children.

Luckily before he passed he got to see the twins being born they arrived early as I am sure twins always do but it was nice anyway and he was so chuffed.

He died from something called Mesothelioma which he got from being a builder and dealing with Asbestos. (don't begin to know all the ins and outs of this type of Cancer)

I got to see him a few times in the last few months as he lived in Yorkshire and we live in the Midlands, you might think that is not that far away but we all know with our busy lives that we expect our families to last forever. We last saw him two weeks ago when we made a special effort to go and see him to say I am so glad we did now is wonderful.

I am sure he put on a brave face for us but we had a good few hours with him before he got tired. We always made each other laugh. Which other people didn't understand but hey.

He will be missed so much but I have all my memories of us growing up and all the things we got up to, which is probably best that I stop now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 12:20 PM

Re: Passing of a loved one

Shirley I am sorry to hear you lost your brother xx
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 12:31 PM

My most sincere condolences on your loss Shirley...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 01:31 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Shirley ....
Hang onto those memories - he will always bring a smile and a laugh that way x
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 01:35 PM

So sorry to hear your sad news Shirley.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 01:53 PM

Really sorry for your loss and such a young age, too.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 01:58 PM

Sorry for the loss of your Brother Shirley. I have two and dread the thought of what I would feel if they passed.

Mesothelioma is a dreadful disease and is caused by contact sometime in your life with Asbestos. It can take over 40 years to come out as cancer. It is what my Mum died of and my neighbours and my school friends as we had a Asbestos factory in the middle of all our houses and two schools.

Keep your loving and laughing memories Shirley I am sure he will be without pain now which is a blessing.
Take care.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 02:19 PM

Thank you for your good wishes, I feel just lately that all I seem to put on the forum is bad news.

BowieEyes I really feel for you losing so many of those close to you to this disease.

I will always remember how we were together which will make me smile.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 03:05 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Shirley
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2014, 03:34 PM

That's sad. 60 is no age these days.........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top