Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 01:34 AM

Conveyor belt of storms

This afternoon the sun actually made a (very brief) appearance, but I gather we have another "conveyor belt" of storms due this week. Much more of this and I'll be looking for a conveyor belt to Spain...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 06:08 AM

Re: Conveyor belt of storms

Our daughter has been in Arizona this last week and they have had snow over there which, apparently, is very unusual this time of year.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 07:12 AM

The conveyor belt is going to hit us on Tuesday and then another one about Friday. The weather has gone mad. My friends son lives in Denver, USA and he has been there since 1984 and said he has never known anything as cold as it is at the moment. California are suffering a drought with only 16per cent of snow falling on the Mountains. They live off the melted snow in the Summer and they are now facing a very severe drought if it doesn't snow. South Australia is on fire again and even Rome has had flooding.
Cant remember all of this in my years on Earth unless no one mentioned it before.
We do have to live with our weather but this last few years has taken us all aback I think as it has been so severe but hit us very quickly.
Think we might all have to move to Spain
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 08:45 AM

Wow, snow in Arizona? That almost seemed to me the hottest place on earth!

BE, you're right, the weather certainly has gone mad. It's like the on switch or the thermostat control have got stuck, and they all need rebooting. Wish we had an answer.

My dear old mum used to always blame Maggie Thatcher!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Our daughter has been in Arizona this last week and they have had snow over there which, apparently, is very unusual this time of year.
Very unusual indeed, but one of my most magical days was spent in Monument Valley under snow. Absolutely captivating to see it white in the morning and then gradually reveal itself as the snow melted.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

10-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
The conveyor belt is going to hit us on Tuesday and then another one about Friday. The weather has gone mad. My friends son lives in Denver, USA and he has been there since 1984 and said he has never known anything as cold as it is at the moment. California are suffering a drought with only 16per cent of snow falling on the Mountains. They live off the melted snow in the Summer and they are now facing a very severe drought if it doesn't snow. South Australia is on fire again and even Rome has had flooding.
Cant remember all of this in my years on Earth unless no one mentioned it before.
We do have to live with our weather but this last few years has taken us all aback I think as it has been so severe but hit us very quickly.
Think we might all have to move to Spain
Now there's an idea! We could set up an OFF residence and share our dogs and cats!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 02:22 PM

That's it then we are all agreed Spain here we come.

Saturday we saw the sun it was beautiful out which made a change but by late afternoon the storms came again and I thought at one point one of the block of fencing was going to snap down the middle it was quite scary. The fencing is 6 ft so we let our neighbour know so that they could keep an eye on it as well.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2014, 02:30 PM

Ania darlin' the 'conveyor belt' as you call it is merely the 'jet stream', which. this year has 'fixed' itself further South than it normally should be, hence the storms hurtling across the Atlantic, instead of travelling further North into the Arctic, have crashed into us here in Eire and the UK, which is why we are now under so much water and flooding.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

10-02-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ania darlin' the 'conveyor belt' as you call it is merely the 'jet stream', which. this year has 'fixed' itself further South than it normally should be, hence the storms hurtling across the Atlantic, instead of travelling further North into the Arctic, have crashed into us here in Eire and the UK, which is why we are now under so much water and flooding.
UJ, I know that, but was quoting a phrase used on Sky News yesterday. They referred to a conveyor belt of storms due this week, though God only knows why as we've had this conveyor belt of storms for over two months now!
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2014, 03:11 AM

We just had our worst snow storm in ten years. I will be happy to finally be able to go to the grocery store. I am sorry you all are having bad weather too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top