Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 06:12 PM

Advice wanted please

I have seen a job ad for a Mystery Shopper .....Has anybody on here had any experience with this or is it just a scam ....it is on a legit job search site ....it sounds interesting ..well it is a way to make money if it works
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 06:14 PM

Re: Advice wanted please

Its not a scam Steve, sounds an interesting job too, would certainly tide you over wouldn't it ....
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 06:28 PM

It will be a genuine job but suspect there will be loads of applicants - I'd love to do it

Go for it and good luck !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Yes I've heard of this before, if you decide to give it a go, good luck and if not good luck anyway in your job search.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 06:53 PM

I did this for a couple of years Steve but only as a hobby, the rates are so pitiful you couldn't make a living from it even if you worked full time, which you can't anyway as there aren't enough jobs without travelling, and expenses aren't paid...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 07:30 PM

This is something a friend did . His lady friend was given a week or weekend holiday cottage in Devon to report on ,the cottage /hotel advert said dogs welcome it was all paid for them and she could take a friend ,so she invited him .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
This is something a friend did . His lady friend was given a week or weekend holiday cottage in Devon to report on ,the cottage /hotel advert said dogs welcome it was all paid for them and she could take a friend ,so she invited him .
That's the exception rather than the rule though, you will find that most of the jobs are a visit to the local shop or the bank for a fiver. By the time you,'ve sent your report in if can work out as little as a couple of quid an hour and there are very rarely travelling expenses paid. Some jobs, unless you are nearby anyway, you can even make a loss!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 08:41 PM

Well I'm surprised anyone bothers!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 08:46 PM

I would advise you to give this a very wide berth, you will be out spending your own money, then making an expenses claim, and waiting weeks to get you money and wages back, plus some firms only give you vouchers for the places you have visited.
It is more like an hobby, as Plantman says, It isn't a proper full time job, and you would be up and down with your benefit claims, if you are claiming benefits.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 08:18 AM

I think that's what drags you into it UK that fact they say its a job.
I keep getting e mails asking me to be a secret shopper but I am not
interested. Hope your job search goes well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top