Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 02:38 PM

Our Egyptian Ancestors.

Well wonders will never cease, according to this most men on these islands are Egyptians with royal blood. I did know that all racehorses on these islands are descended from the Arabian stallion "Eclipse".

"New research by scientists at the DNA genealogy center iGENEA in Switzerland have announced that up to 70 percent of British men, and half of all Western European men are related to the Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun. Comparatively, only 1 percent of modern Egyptian men are genetically linked to King Tut. However, some scientists are already crying foul of the claims.
iGENEA analyzed the DNA of King Tut, and found that he belonged to a genetic profile group called haplogroup R1b1a2. More than 50 percent of all Western European men belong to this group, suggesting that they share a common ancestor. According to Roman Scholz, director of the genealogy center at iGENEA the researchers believe the common ancestor lived around 9,500 years ago. King Tut ruled Egypt around 3,000 years ago."
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 02:51 PM

Re: Our Egyptian Ancestors.

Tut-tut ......
Hubs will be pleased to hear this, has a fascination with the Egyptians and all that goes with them.
As for me - thought we were related to the ape men !
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 03:54 PM

Ahh, that would be the reason for my hairy knuckles then Patsy.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 04:18 PM

Now all you handsome devils who thought you were Omar Sherif back in the 60's have some credibility, you were 70% right.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 04:34 PM

I always thought that I had royal blood in me. Is there a small fortune somewhere that really is mine ?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Tutankhamun MUST be related to me cos I sleep in a sarcophagus given to me by my uncle Vivian.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 11:20 PM

No wonder King Tut died so young - he must have been worn out !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 08:06 AM

Ooooohhhh, in which case I can claim I'm related to Rameses II !!!!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 10:38 AM

That's interesting as I have researched my DNA plus my sons and one of my Brothers.
My sons DNA puts him in the same Halpogroup. Also puts his ancestors
in Syria and the Arabian peninsular about 20,000 years ago.
We were all from cave men Patsy we all moved on.
They are also saying that most of us have 2% of Neandethal man in
us. As our ancestors bred with them when we came out of Africa.
This means that everyone came from Black people, then as they went North into a lesser intense sun we then gained black hair with blue eyes. Most of those people went up to Scandanavia.
Its also said that the Neandethals gave us the ability to with stand the cold weather but gave us diseases like diabetes, asthma and Crohns disease.
So we are all related and I would like to say Hello to my distant cousins who come on here. Hope you are well
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 12:35 PM

I have blonde hair (now white!) and blue eyes and a few years ago I read something about it and, according to researchers, a single mutation which arose 6 to 10,000 years ago was responsible for all the blue-eyed people alive on Earth today.

A single mutation, which arose by chance somewhere around the North-west coasts of the Black Sea in one single individual, about 8,000 years ago is apparently the origin.

Looking it up again just now I find that now this mutation is also carries the code for diabetes and asthma, both of which have occurred in my immediate family but, from what little I know of my family, it was fairly common in the past.

I did do some research years ago about the origins of my family - both sides - and I found on my father's side we date back to the Danes and the Franks on my mother's side.

As far as Tutankamun's concerned, it was only 3337 years ago that he died so I find this link a bit tenuous. stevmk2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top