Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 10:29 PM

Are you a Dreamer?

Do you dream much? Apparently we dream less as we mature. I don't mean daydreams, I mean dreams that occur during sleep.
Do you ever remember your dreams once you wake?
Have you ever thought for a few moments that your dream was real?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 10:59 PM

Re: Are you a Dreamer?

Cant say i remember dreams, occasionally the odd nightmare, usually have these as im in waking mode. I can find myself in altered space during the day though.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 11:02 PM

That's funny because I'm beginning to dream more lately Mups, all nice dreams I must say, why only last night I dreamed I was a Sultan in old Persia, complete with my own harem, and a stable of fine horses, very enjoyable dream, all in colour too.
Do you know you can never see your own face in a dream?, that's probably why I enjoy dreaming so much.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 11:08 PM

Most folks are sleepwalking to oblivion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That's funny because I'm beginning to dream more lately Mups, all nice dreams I must say, why only last night I dreamed I was a Sultan in old Persia, complete with my own harem, and a stable of fine horses, very enjoyable dream, all in colour too.
Do you know you can never see your own face in a dream?, that's probably why I enjoy dreaming so much.

Why is that Jem, do you know?
I am sure you're very handsome really.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-01-2014, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Most folks are sleepwalking to oblivion.

Where's that?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 11:16 PM

I discovered by chance that a certain group of Beta Blockers prescribed for high blood pressure has the unfortunate side effect of causing vivid and sometimes troubling dreams.

My old GP said that the dreams wouldn't do me any harm, but my new GP said, "No problem, I'll change your medication".
The new tablets cause far fewer dreams - and although I still have some, I rarely remember the details.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-01-2014, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I discovered by chance that a certain group of Beta Blockers prescribed for high blood pressure has the unfortunate side effect of causing vivid and sometimes troubling dreams.

My old GP said that the dreams wouldn't do me any harm, but my new GP said, "No problem, I'll change your medication".
The new tablets cause far fewer dreams - and although I still have some, I rarely remember the details.

That can't have been very nice for you Grumblewagon. Glad your new GP was more helpful than the old one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Where's that?
Next to the Pavilion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-01-2014, 11:25 PM

No one seems to know for sure why we dream. I suppose it is odd when you think about it.
I also wonder why, as we leave childhood and the teen years behind, we dream less and less?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top