Join for free
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 10:49 AM

Alexandra Bastedo 1946-1914

Had not heard that the lovely Alexandra had died the other week. She is the lovely blonde who starred in the TV programme The Champions. Used to love that programme and of course the men in it. Stuart Damon and William Gaunt. Not seen much of Stuart but William Gaunt has been on a lot of TV in the UK since his stint in the Champions.
I was surprised that William was born in Pudsey, which is now considered part of Leeds. Being from Leeds myself feel I should have known that as we have a lot of famous people who come from Leeds.
Seemingly Alexandra was propositioned by a few of the Hollywood stars at the time including, Warren Beatty, Steve McQueen and Omar Shariff, but she married a old boyfriend and lived happily with him until his death last year.
She also loved animals dearly and opened a Animal Sanctuary especially for Horses and Donkeys.
Very interesting woman and sad to see her demise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 11:29 AM

Re: Alexandra Bastedo 1946-1914

I remember Alexandra what a shame she was only 68..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 12:48 PM

Re: Alexandra Bastedo 1946-1914

My Eldest Sister knew her quite well - they were at schoool together.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top