Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
frasec
New Member!
kincardineshire
frasec is female 

24-01-2014, 10:48 PM

bored 55year old

have been married for 33 years ....husband hardly communicates,,,,,i really don't want to go on like this ...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2014, 10:58 PM

Re: bored 55year old

Get involved in the threads on the forum and you're bound to find something to interest you, we all get bored now and then, nothing wrong with that. They are all nice folks on here, good listeners too and they don't bite.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2014, 11:27 PM

Big first post, not sure what advice to tender.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2014, 11:40 PM

Sounds more is needed here than participating in this forum.

I don't think anyone can really advise you unless they know all the circumstances but having been through it myself, the only thing to really do is ask yourself whether it's possible to change things or not and what you would need to do to change it if it is.

if you can't see anything changing, then ask yourself if being on your own is possible, desirable and a better alternative than what you've got. is it possible financially? Give yourself a really honest answer. If your decision is that you want or have to stay in your marriage, then start planning a life for yourself within it. Get out and join things, find some groups like U3A etc, go on day trips by yourself, create yourself a new hobby.

If that doesn't work start planning how you can live on your own but don't rush into it till you have it all worked out - finances, responsibilities etc. Good luck. I left and I am now much happier with a new partner.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2014, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by frasec ->
have been married for 33 years ....husband hardly communicates,,,,,i really don't want to go on like this ...
Been there ~ survived ~ chill out ~ adapt

All will be fine .... or not

Meanwhile ... keep talking
Write it
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 12:04 AM

If its just lack of conversation , join some clubs and you have made a start here by having feed back from other posters ,dont just think about what you havent got but what you-have, you may be better off in your own home,but lead a active life of your own .be happy
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 12:08 AM

Join a local Steampunk group! Worked for me!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 12:12 AM

Hi Frasec and welcome to the forum

I'm in a similar situation to you, although we are not married.

Jaywalker is right about getting out there and joining clubs and taking up new hobbies (I see you enjoy walking - so do I). I often go off for the day on my own using my bus pass and sometimes go on holiday on my own or with a friend - just bite the bullet and do it!

I do go dancing with "him indoors" but as he prefers to go to the pub to watch football (now that's what I call boring !) I have learnt to dance the man's steps so I can go dancing with my friend 3 nights week (I only met this lady by joining our local "Activity in Retirement" club about 4 years ago - best thing I ever did !).

You will enjoy this forum - plenty of friendly people on here.

Best wishes .... Myrtle
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 12:35 AM

Welcome to the forum Frasec.

A lot of good advice there.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2014, 12:37 AM

The way I figure it - having learned lessons in the past - another person can't provide all the entertainment another needs. You need to develop your own life and make it interesting for yourself. We are all in the same boat whether married or not.

'How to stay interested in life' is quite a conundrum, unless , of course this thread is more about being fed up with the spouse, which is probably is come to think of it. If that is the case then 'out with the old and in with the new', or something along those lines anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top