Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 02:57 PM

Paul O'Grady ...

Did anyone see Paul this week in South Africa, working with the orphan animals there - it was a delight to watch although sad in parts. Cant wait for the next one !
BTW - I wondered why 'Africa' has all of these unusual wondrous animals ..... have you wondered that .....?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:02 PM

Re: Paul O'Grady ...

No, I haven't thought about that but I did wonder last night why so many deadly creatures seem to need to live in coutries with high temperatures! (I'm not complaining, I'm glad they don't live here.)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Good point ! Africa and Australia - yea, they can have those !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Good point ! Africa and Australia - yea, they can have those !
I didn't see the programme Pats but, like you, I would love to see some of those exotic animals - the colours seem fabulous (but too high a price to pay with the dodgy ones being about for me to ever want to live there )
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 03:08 PM

I know ! Watching these programmes, I always envy the guys and gals working with these animals but - its the critters, I just couldn't handle that ! Wish I could though .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:15 PM

I think Paul O'Grady is amazing and his love for these animals just shines through - he was genuinely upset by the fate of a young blind penguin - and he is not afraid to get his hands dirty !

Watched this at a friends house and she has already invited me over to watch the next one!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 03:19 PM

Pleased to hear that ST - his love does shine through and I loved his way of interacting. I was upset with the little penguin and prayed they would put him to sleep and relieved they did.
Its heart renching at times - but well worth seeing these magnificent animals ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 03:21 PM

Next week I will be on the edge of me seat - Cheetah time !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Did anyone see Paul this week in South Africa, working with the orphan animals there - it was a delight to watch although sad in parts. Cant wait for the next one !
BTW - I wondered why 'Africa' has all of these unusual wondrous animals ..... have you wondered that .....?
Could be in part due to vast unpopulated areas where animals have been able to evolve without interference by nearby predators i.e. man?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 04:39 PM

Could be - as you say, vast areas, its a pity that now, a lot of these animals are so st risk and some face extinction, but the 'good' man is trying to halt that happening .....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top