Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 01:44 PM

Adverts

Generally, I don't watch them (most are just boring) but I couldn't be bothered to move last night - not even to mute the sound - so I listened to them. I am very puzzled by two adverts:

What have the chicken got to do with a car?

Now this is MA - Money Advice Service set up by the government. Now, given how they choose to spend the money they have on some things over and above spending it on urgent things, why would anyone think that government advice is worth listening to?

Am I missing something here?

Any other ads that just don't make sense?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Re: Adverts

I guess the first one is a humorous way to show how stable the cars are as they compare it to the chicken's head staying still as they are manipulated to the music.

The second one I completely agree with you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Karen darlin' - in the case of the 'Mercedes' advert, watch more carefullly the chicken's head, as the person holding it, moves the body around and even tilts it, the head remains stationary - thus demonstrating perhaps what 'Mercedes' is trying to convey - its good (???) suspension.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 02:05 PM

Weird - both of them!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Karen darlin' - in the case of the 'Mercedes' advert, watch more carefullly the chicken's head, as the person holding it, moves the body around and even tilts it, the head remains stationary - thus demonstrating perhaps what 'Mercedes' is trying to convey - its good (???) suspension.
Hmm, I get that and did wonder if that was the point of it but it still doesn't make sense to me - say for instance, you hit an icy patch or a patch of water and your doing a fair speed, you'll still be in trouble, chicken or no chicken

Maybe it just doesn't appeal to my sense of humour
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Weird - both of them!
Aren't they! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->

Now this is MA - Money Advice Service set up by the government. Now, given how they choose to spend the money they have on some things over and above spending it on urgent things, why would anyone think that government advice is worth listening to?

Am I missing something here?

Any other ads that just don't make sense?
That really gets me, too. Maybe they are hoping to use it to get some more stealth tax...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top