Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 09:11 AM

Twin Beds.

I think we had this topic before but it was a long time ago. Watching an old film last night I noticed when a young married couple returned home to their house and eventually went to bed, they had twin beds!, I had noticed this in a lot of bedroom scenes before and it was mostly the upper class married couples who had the twin beds, he was a professor and she was a doctor in this case, I think they used to call them professional couples that time, God knows what we have to call them today without unintentionally insulting someone. Now I'm not knocking anyone who has twin beds, they obvious have their own reasons and good luck to them, but when I got married I thought I'd never get into bed with the woman I loved and married and we both still sleep together even though the wife snores like a bullock chained to a wall. My point is why do some people who love one another and want to spend the rest of their lives together want to sleep in separate beds? Apart from medical reasons I just dont get it., what happens when they want a bit of hows yer father, do they both squeeze into one of the little beds? very uncomfortable I'd have thought, much better with plenty of room in a big bed. I remember an old 'professional couples' joke "For sale, twin beds, one never used"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 09:18 AM

Re: Twin Beds.

We love our separate beds if we had room we would enjoy seperate rooms. It doesn't mean we love each other less but it does mean we both get a better nights sleep so we can carry on loving each other and not get cranky about lack of sleep.

As to the other when we were young we used to stay with my Nan quite often and she always had twin beds and I can absolutely say where there is a will there's a way and it's great fun working it out !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 09:22 AM

As to the other when we were young we used to stay with my Nan quite often and she always had twin beds and I can absolutely say where there is a will there's a way and it's great fun working it out !

You have a good point there Julie, but I was never the adventurous type.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 09:46 AM

My wife and I have twin beds. She has a double bed in her big bedroom and I have a single bed in my small bedroom. It works ok most of the time, but sometimes I wake up Grumpy and sometimes I let her sleep in.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 10:13 AM

The reason you see single beds in the old movies is because no one went to bed with each other in those days. No grinding on screen.
I know my Mum bought a single bed in the end as she couldn't get to sleep
with my Dad tossing and turning. She had no sleep for years. They still slept in the same bedroom. I remember her saying that when my Grandma
his Mum, heard she was sleeping in another bed she went up the wall
I know my sister had trouble with her husband moving about all the time
and pulling the duvet off her so she ended up with no cover on her.
So there are good reasons why people may want two single beds. If you
have a partner who cant keep still all night its not worth the stress of getting no sleep when its the other person keeping you awake.
Then there is the snoring.
Well done to the couples who stayed together and slept together.
Makes you wonder how many of the ones kept awake at night have
now divorced.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

16-01-2014, 10:14 AM

It's looking like there are more twin bedders out there than I thought, methinks maybe I'm in a minority group now.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 10:18 AM

No Jem, my wife and I share a double bed and I (usually) sleep like a log but only for about 6/7 hours.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 10:25 AM

Try sleeping with someone elses wife, Alan. You may get to 5/7 hours real quick.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:29 AM

If I did that Mr Ploppy I'd get to sleep for evermore.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

16-01-2014, 11:39 AM

We had better forget about that idea then and have a cup of tea instead.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top