Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2014, 04:07 PM

The joys of getting older!

We decided we'd had enough of sitting indoors almost every day over the weekend and went to a favourite Garden centre, just for something to do!

My wife's got a hip problem and just as we came out, her hip gave way and it was all I could do it grab her in time.

Two or three younger couples just stood there, giving THAT look, (as if we're drunk or something!), but one couple about our age came over to help.

As the man bent down to take my wife's weight on her right side his back went, so his wife had to grab him but ANOTHER couple about the same age quickly stepped in to help all four of us!

By the time we were all sorted we were all laughing, much to the consternation of the youngsters nearby! stevmk2
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2014, 04:20 PM

Re: The joys of getting older!

Well I hope all those concerned with their various problems are ok now. Yep youngsters today are a bit dumb Steve just hope they get the same things happen to them we they grow old.
We were at Pound stretcher earlier today and all these kids had all their bikes piled up in front of the trolleys.I was huffing and puffing as per usual but wanted to shout at them the wife just held onto me and told me to let it be. Little b*****ds I wanted to hang em and if I had been younger I bleeding would have.

Children with no respect comes from weak parentage imo.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2014, 05:50 PM

Its a lovely story Steve, did give me a giggle - hope all is well now
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2014, 05:52 PM

The Domino effect?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
The Domino effect?
Yea - now I'm picturing the scene - again
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2014, 06:16 PM

Reminds me of when I tried to get up off a beanbag! Ended up hysterical!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-01-2014, 06:32 PM

Ah yes - the wobbly bean bag - dare not, try one of those now !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2014, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Reminds me of when I tried to get up off a beanbag! Ended up hysterical!
Oh no! I couldn't cope with those things when I was teenager so I'd have no chance now !
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2014, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
We decided we'd had enough of sitting indoors almost every day over the weekend and went to a favourite Garden centre, just for something to do!

My wife's got a hip problem and just as we came out, her hip gave way and it was all I could do it grab her in time.

Two or three younger couples just stood there, giving THAT look, (as if we're drunk or something!), but one couple about our age came over to help.

As the man bent down to take my wife's weight on her right side his back went, so his wife had to grab him but ANOTHER couple about the same age quickly stepped in to help all four of us!

By the time we were all sorted we were all laughing, much to the consternation of the youngsters nearby! stevmk2
Sorry this did make me laugh out loud, but hope everyone is feeling ok now. It sounded more like a carry on film.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh no! I couldn't cope with those things when I was teenager so I'd have no chance now !

I even struggle and sometimes have to have help to get up off a settee darlin' - let alone a bean bag or a pouffe'

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top