Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 05:51 AM

Happy Friday Folk.

Market day in Tubingen, Germany.
After my successful experiment making blackberry gin, this morning I have set going some plum gin. I'll let you know how I get on. It seems such a waste to use fruit in crumbles when you can use it this way !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 08:34 AM

Re: Happy Friday Folk.

Ah but Alan, when you strain the Gin from the fruit, - don't throw the fruit away - this can be used in Plum pies, crumbles or slopped into a dish and a dollop of ice cream plopped on top - delicious!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 08:35 AM

Morning Alan. That looks a nice place.

I don't drink gin, so that would be lost on me.

Good morning everyone else. Feels chilly out there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Morning Alan. That looks a nice place.

I don't drink gin, so that would be lost on me.

Good morning everyone else. Feels chilly out there.

Jan darlin' - after being 'doctored' with appropriate fruit and lashings of sugar, the end result doesn't taste of Gin as you know it - its more of a liqueuer by that stage and I promise is absolutely delicious!!! - it even thickens gravy beautifully too!!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Jan darlin' - after being 'doctored' with appropriate fruit and lashings of sugar, the end result doesn't taste of Gin as you know it - its more of a liqueuer by that stage and I promise is absolutely delicious!!! - it even thickens gravy beautifully too!!!
Libera
Kent
Libera is female  Libera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 09:55 AM

Good morning - sun is out again

That gin sounds delicious, Alan.

I haven't been on this forum for ages - too busy with other distractions!

A belated Happy New Year from me.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 10:02 AM

Happy Friday folks
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 10:16 AM

Good morning fellow members a fine morning and a busy day ahead with cleaning, washing as all the family are coming to lunch tomorrow cooking.

Enjoy your day everyone

Janela and Mags , I hope you are feeling better today.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Good morning all
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2014, 10:52 AM

Good morning all, another cold but nice day here. Good luck with the gin Alan, I never drink gin, it's supposed to be the most depressing drink around, makes you all sentimental and weepy, a favourite with some women I know in the local, if you want a good cry try a couple of gins, it works on them
Enjoy the day Folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top