Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 05:47 PM

Wouldn't it be nice...

...to be able to go into hibernation for winter? I hate these storms!
Twiz, I hope you are ok - the news is full of flooded Somerset pictures.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 05:59 PM

Re: Wouldn't it be nice...

Nice idea Ania
I endorse your sentiments re Twiz and any other member who is in danger from this bad weather.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 06:12 PM

Sounds like a great idea as long as we lived longer to compensate. I mean tortoises live a long time don't they.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 06:17 PM

Kal wont hibernate - she wants to know whats going on !!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 07:08 PM

I can't understand how bears can do it and we can't, there's not a terrible lot of difference in the human frame and the bears. It would help solve the energy crisis too, and think of all those pensions cheques waiting for you when you wake up all bright eyed and bushy tailed to meet the good weather. Ideal for those who want to lose weight, and The Doc could check you out and do any repairs needed while you're still asleep. I would love to be able to hibernate.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 08:55 PM

It would be lovely and we could sleep through Christmas too
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 09:32 PM

I must be odd I actually enjoy the wintery weather often I am the only one still walking round the lake in the rain and wind, dogs love it and we have he expanses of common to ourselves. Come the summer we can't get parked for all the fine weather walkers
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2014, 09:54 PM

We're fine Ania, thanks! Used to it here in the Land of the Swamp People!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Kal wont hibernate - she wants to know whats going on !!
You've got that right what an intuitive Patsy you are

It would be snuggle down then - what's that? Get up, have a look but nothing there. Snuggle down - what's that? Get up, have a look; you get the picture
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2014, 12:43 AM

I blame the inventor of Electricity (shamefully, I've forgotten his name), without electricity we would probably all go to bed much earlier and not get up till sunrise, like a mini hibernation until the longer days came again. A lot of us tend to eat different food in winter as well, even the available winter vegetables being different. A lot of us might have more stodge and fat as opposed to salads etc, to stay warmer, but nowadays the dieticians scream at us.
When you think of it, even the birds in nature eat more fat and suet for extra warmth in winter, its natural, and they know that instinctively. (That is probably why they say our cholesterol rises in winter).
So I guess what I am rambling about was, without modern electricity, humans probably would be forced to have a sort of mini hibernation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top