Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 03:41 PM

Lottery Win

Like a lot of people, we both did the National Lottery for years but in October I got fed-up with paying out and getting absolutely nothing back as the small wins seemed to dry up completely.

I decided that I'd try something else but my wife cut back her Lottery spending and has kept up with it.

Last week she won again - I can't believe she keeps getting these small amount lately - this time it was £30 but before it's been £5 on average.

I joined the Postcode Lottery and put in the minimum - £10 per month an that started on November the 9th.

Yesterday won £10, the first time I've one anything for about a year!

OK, it's not much but what surprised me is that our street has 176 houses and 5 flats next door-but-one to us but I'm the only ticket holder registered in the entire street! stevmk2
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 03:58 PM

Re: Lottery Win

Well done on your win Steve. I do the lottery everyweek and have done since it started. I have small wins and once with a friend from work we got 5 numbers and won £2k to share of. I win more now on the Thunderball. Its still only a £1 a time three times a week. You get £3 just for getting the Thunderball right so that's paid for the week. If you get 3 its £10 and 4 is £25 or over., Never done the house lottery. Glad you explained it to me as apart from screaming people with big cheques in their hands it doesn't really explain on the advert how it goes
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Well done on your win Steve. I do the lottery everyweek and have done since it started. I have small wins and once with a friend from work we got 5 numbers and won £2k to share of. I win more now on the Thunderball. Its still only a £1 a time three times a week. You get £3 just for getting the Thunderball right so that's paid for the week. If you get 3 its £10 and 4 is £25 or over., Never done the house lottery. Glad you explained it to me as apart from screaming people with big cheques in their hands it doesn't really explain on the advert how it goes
That's what my wife does and she won £5 and £25 last week - on Thunderball!
Never EVER got anything on Lotto or Eurosquillions! stevmk2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 05:04 PM

Well done Steve I have never entered a lottery
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well done Steve I have never entered a lottery
I am happy that Steve won something.

When it first started my wife and I did participate in the National lottery but in recent years I have become disillioned with the whole concept of the lottery, firstly your money is down the drain (once you've bought the ticket), secondly the winners always talk about wasting the money not using it wisely and thirdly (In the early years at least) the beneficiaries were some of the most stupid causes you could imagine, guinea pig farmers in Peru for example.

Now I only buy Premium Bonds (a) you're money is safe (b) the winners don't get too much publicity (A little but not a lot) and (c) the beneficiaries are UK plc and no one else OK I concede that UK plc wastes a lot of money and gives it to people who don't deserve it but 99% of it goes to the people of Britain (albeit indirectly)
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

01-01-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I am happy that Steve won something.
Now I only buy Premium Bonds (a) you're money is safe (b) the winners don't get too much publicity (A little but not a lot) and (c) the beneficiaries are UK plc and no one else OK I concede that UK plc wastes a lot of money and gives it to people who don't deserve it but 99% of it goes to the people of Britain (albeit indirectly)
Good points there Losos.

I had Premium Bonds but when I was out of work I cashed them in - things got a bit tight.

Might give it another go now so Thank You for reminding me! stevmk2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 07:21 PM

We won £91 matching four numbers on the national lotto.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 07:33 PM

Life's a lottery, difference being you don't want your number to come up.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Life's a lottery, difference being you don't want your number to come up.
good one Spitty !
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2014, 12:33 AM

I don't bother with lottery either - I prefer premium bonds because at least you can get your money back when you want it. Been trying to get my mum to get them for ages, she spends a small fortune on lottery scratch cards!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top