Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 05:54 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

Taken at Scarborough with the imposing Grand Hotel on the cliff-top.
We went walking round a local country park yesterday and the place was mobbed. I would think that they were glad of some fresh air after the Christmas holiday.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 08:44 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Good morning Alan, and everyone.

Yes my local park was busy too but there was hardly a soul in the surrounding streets, which I thought was weird! All the seagulls in all the world seemed to be there as well.

The park is the only place I like in my home town. Sad, isn't it? It reopened not long ago after redevelopment and I was cross with what they took away. In the 'island' in the middle of the moat they demolished the building used for theatrical plays, leaving it as flat ground to walk through, and also they took away the aviaries - budgies, finches and cockatiels.

Still, I like to walk a circle round the river (spose that's what you'd call it?) looking at the birdlife, and seeing the squirrels.

Enjoy your day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 09:17 AM

Good morning everyone, wild and wet again here today, but better than snow I guess...

After the feeding of the multitudes yesterday we are having a quiet lazy day today, not even any cooking to do as we have leftovers a plenty to last for a day or two..

Enjoy your day folks,

Barry
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 09:19 AM

Good morning everyone. Another storm crossing us again. Not as bad as the cyclone expected in Oz. The hazy crazy lazy days of Summer seem along time ago now Alan. Love Scarborough.
Not doing much today so will have time to look around at posts on here and my other site to see if I can comment. Take care all where ever you are.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Good morning all
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 10:24 AM

Good morning
Very wet and windy here Wal has just come in from the wood store with a big basket of logs - he looks wet and windswept I'll pour him a coffee and find him a dry tee shirt
Another quiet day in this household, got my jigsaw and new books to keep me occupied.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 10:35 AM

Good morning fellow members a horrible day here and I have been struggling in the wind and rain to get the wheelie bin up the path and into the garage I feel like I have just run a marathon

Chloe very sensibly returned to bed after her walk, I am going to have some porridge (my staple diet at the moment ) before doing some cleaning.

Enjoy your day everyone
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 11:23 AM

Morning everyone
The same theme here very wet and very windy. The fields are flooded hope after all this rain they don't start blocking the roads again.

Enjoy your day all
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 12:03 PM

Good morning all. Wet and windy here too - a day for staying in !

I walked on Boxing Day round one of the local reservoirs - hundreds of people out walking off the Christmas pud and enjoying the good weather and yesterday did another walk across fields which thankfully were not muddy - until we came to the stiles ! Grrr !!

Must clean my walking boots before my next walk !

Enjoy your day
shazy
lancashire
shazy is female  shazy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 12:09 PM

Morning everyone, same here weatherwise, I have to pop out later
dont fancy it but there you go..
Dont blow away, stay safe..

Shazy..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top