Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2013, 11:57 PM

Michael Schumacher

Oh dear, just seen breaking news on TV that Michael Schumacher is in a coma following a ski accident.
Hope he comes through it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2013, 11:59 PM

Re: Michael Schumacher

It's ironic he survived so long on the race track to be so seriously injured skiing.
I wish him well..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 08:54 AM

Yes, me too. I'm not a fan, at all, but I remember how I almost grieved when Richard Hammond had his accident! Following that I made many friends, many of whom followed me onto Facebook, and we always remember the anniversary of it.

He came through it - look at him now - so we can only hope that Michael is just as strong and makes a healthy recovery too. I imagine his fans (and family) are just as devastated.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 09:49 AM

Yes its a shame. I am a big F1 fan and have followed it since Sterling Moss days. So Michael was a big part of the years I have watched it. Lets hope his great fitness helps his healing. Good job he had a helmet on otherwise it looks like he would have gone straight away.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It's ironic he survived so long on the race track to be so seriously injured skiing.
I wish him well..
I said exactly the same thing to my husband this morning Meg.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Schumacher 'fighting for his life' after ski accident

Originally Posted by BBC News
Michael Schumacher, the seven-time Formula 1 champion, is "fighting for his life" after a ski accident in the French Alps, his doctors say.
Originally Posted by BBC News
Professor Jean-Francois Payen told reporters that if Schumacher had not been wearing a protective helmet "he wouldn't be here now".

"We had to operate urgently to release some pressure in his head," the anaesthetist said.
Apparently he hit his head on a rock whilst skiing.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 01:14 PM

He probably misjudged while trying to force someone off piste. Once a racer always a racer.

Hope he recovers.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 01:55 PM

I wish him well, but he is obviously a thrill seeker and risk taker, for which he may now pay the ultimate price. I feel for his 14-year-old son who was skiing with him at the time. Must have been horrendous for him to witness.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2013, 10:25 PM

I never rated him, but this is a terrible thing to happen and I feel for his family at this time.

I wish him well.
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Like most I could see the irony in his injury being greater on the ski slope than on the race track.And I hope he makes a swift and full recovery.
Saw this story today and I wonder if journalists can sink any lower?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...12377--f1.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top