Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 04:28 PM

Thoughtful Presents

On Christmas Day, before we went down to London to take MIL out, we stopped off at the home of some of our family, as we always would do but of course this year we weren't staying for the day as we normally do.

It was nice watching our 3 granddaughters open the presents we'd bought them then we opened the ones from their Mum & Dad, which was nice of course but then off the girls went - together - and came back in with baskets of little presents for both of us, from them.

They'd saved up and pooled their money for this and every little gift was thought-out.

I'm sitting here drinking tea from my World's Best Granddad mug, which is on my "From your little Monster" coaster and I'll be reaching for my No.1 Granddad hanky in a minute!!

What did you get from your Grandchildren? stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 04:36 PM

Re: Thoughtful Presents

Not in a position to comment, only to say Christmas is about the children, as 'we' get older, it becomes a difficult task to buy for each other.
Hubs and I dont worry about it, it could be at any time I see something I know he will like and get it then. No waiting for Christmas, so, he gets some marzipan bars which he loves for Christmas and lots of cuddles from me .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 04:38 PM

Little Grand niece gave me a scrap book of pictures of my dogs through the past year, so Betty growing from a tiny scrap into a very teeny dog, and she had stuck them all in herself with glitter glue which we will be getting out of the carpet for years to come
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 04:41 PM

Ah - thats what its all about .....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 06:42 PM

I haven't seen my granddaughters yet (they spent Christmas with their Dad) but I know one part of the presents will be my shampoo (which is what I asked for when I was quizzed) as it saves me a trip to Douglas to buy it. Not sure yet what the other things are till I see them on Sunday.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 07:50 PM

We've only got a grandson and he's 23 years old but he knows what I like. He bought me a good quality bottle of port.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 08:00 PM

Nothing to do with kids but a thoughtful present from a friend who is not working and has no spare money, he brought a multipack of wine glasses and hand engraved each one for all his friends with names a personal pic , ours was a cat and dog and put our nick names on them,so thoughtful and more precoius because he spent so much time on them, healso cooked biscuits for the dog,s grew carnip for our cat and put 3 apples in for the goat , now there is a person who knows us well.......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-12-2013, 08:03 PM

Ah Bags - now thats how it should be, personal gifts like that - treasure the thought forever ...... Loverly
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 08:19 PM

My grandchildren are 11 and 13 and they gave me a LUSH Bubble Bar and LUSH soap. Their little faces were a picture of excitement when I opened their presents ... bless them both
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Nothing to do with kids but a thoughtful present from a friend who is not working and has no spare money, he brought a multipack of wine glasses and hand engraved each one for all his friends with names a personal pic , ours was a cat and dog and put our nick names on them,so thoughtful and more precoius because he spent so much time on them, healso cooked biscuits for the dog,s grew carnip for our cat and put 3 apples in for the goat , now there is a person who knows us well.......

Baggy, I think that's brilliant. What a thoughtful friend you have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top