Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 06:07 PM

Last Day @ Work

That's it. I'm done now 'til next Monday.

There wasn't a great deal for me to do as a Maintenance man but outside we had a tree down so I had to deal with that!

Inside it was all getting ready for our residents to have their Christmas Dinner tomorrow so a lot of heaving and humping of chairs and tables etcetera.

That was nice actually because they're great bunch and they are all really looking forward to it.

As our manager pulled a face looking at all the leaves and debris in the big courtyard I spent all afternoon trying to clear it a bit - make a bit nicer for the residents really but she was not in a good mood so I thought it might cheer her up a bit!

Ever tried sweeping up leaves in a brisk wind?!!

Anyway, done the best I could and then just as I was getting my things together to go home one of the residents came put in her wheelchair to wish me a Happy Christmas.

Absolutely made my day and I thought then, if I wasn't already booked to take MIL out tomorrow I'd seriously consider going back in to help tomorrow, unpaid.
Hope they all have a good 'un and everyone else too of course. stevmk2 (silly sod!!)
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 06:13 PM

Re: Last Day @ Work

It's nice to be nice - well done Steve
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 06:13 PM

Where do you work then - 'residents' ..........?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 06:25 PM

Well done Steve, now enjoy your Christmas and your rest time.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Where do you work then - 'residents' ..........?
I work at a Residential Home for Disabled adults Patsy.

As I also have a disability I've sort-of bonded a bit with them - makes me feel good doing something to make their lives just a little bit better though.

I try not to get too attached but how the carers stay detached I don't know 'cos we lost another one this year - broke me up a bit as usual. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 06:45 PM

Thanks Steve - You are doing a very worthwhile job there - cant help but get attached can you .... Have a rest now and enjoy the days ahead, best wishes to you and yours - Patsy
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

24-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thanks Steve - You are doing a very worthwhile job there - cant help but get attached can you .... Have a rest now and enjoy the days ahead, best wishes to you and yours - Patsy
Thanks Patsy.
I was rather chuffed to get the job in 2011 to be honest.

Nothing takes your mind off your own troubles better than being in an environment like I'm in at work.

It's humbling too.

Best Wishes to you and yours too!! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Thankyou kind sir .......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top