Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 05:47 AM

Happy Christmas Eve Folk.

Sailing on Thrapston lake - taken on Sunday.
Richard arrived safely from Germany saying that there had been no delays and no problems. I'm so glad my other son fetched him from the airport, even he found the journey stressful due to the rain and high wind.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 07:53 AM

Re: Happy Christmas Eve Folk.

Happy Christmas Eve to all
What a night - no sleep The weather was the worst since we've lived here and I tell ya, this is a noisy building so it was all guns blazing last night, thought the bedroom window was gonna cave in !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 07:54 AM

Good morning Alan and all to arrive here. Nice windy photo there Alan
Glad to hear you son arrived OK. It looked very hairy on the news
yesterdays weather being so bad.
Doing my leg of lamb tonight as the power goes down on Christmas day
and takes twice as long to cook.
Hoping for a lovely Christmas for everyone. Hope the cooking goes well
and also lots of lovely presents.
Take care all and have a nice time
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 09:27 AM

Bird table blown over, a few of my potted plants on their sides, other peoples litter on my lawn and two fence panels between me and my neighbour (his responsibility) blown down. No serious damage done.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 09:38 AM

Morning all. Stormy here too and I've been watching the movement in my huge windows hoping they withstand the wind. It's unnerving to see the reflections in the windows move as they shudder...Had a power cut yesterday too.
Hope everyone stays warm and safe.
All set to listen to Kings College Cambridge this afternoon, hopefully with paintbrush in hand...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 10:00 AM

Good morning everyone, hope everyone has survived the storms without damage or injury..

Cleaning through the house today before our family arrives tomorrow, whilst Mrs P is generating lots of lovely smells from the kitchen already...

Have a safe day folks.

Barry
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Morning all.

Merry Christmas to all.

Last night the rain and wind was terrible, it's like a lake outside our back door this morning, Coco wanted to go out, so I had to put my Wellies on and carry her over the water and back again.

Have just put my Turkey in the oven.

Have a lovely Christmas Eve everyone.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 10:12 AM

Morning everyone, happy Christmas Eve.

I really should go up to the UCLH in London to get a sample tested,after the antibiotics. I have just 3 weeks till my op. eeeek! Getting close. Maybe I might see signs of damage once I venture further afield. Nothing damaged here out front or back of my flats.

Glad loved ones arrived safely and none of you have suffered much damage.

I slept fine through the wind, but then again it doesn't bother me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 10:22 AM

Good morning all and a very happy Christmas Eve to one and all. Howling winds all last night and easing away now, the house alarm went off at 6am but thankfully no damage, will check out the shed later, and dare I say it, the sun is shining now and the sky is clear as I look out the window.
I hope you are all safe and well this morning wherever you are.
Enjoy the Christmas Folks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2013, 10:29 AM

Morning everyone, just reporting in after last nights winds. Hope you're alright.
A busy day ahead, have a good Christmas eve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top