Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 08:37 PM

Wild & Wet!!!

Wind is gusting 70 mph (we're told it will rise to 85mph sometime around midnight), 30ft high waves out in the Channel, parts of central Brighton are flooded, buses have an exhilarating time along the coast road to Eastbourne and some trains have been cancelled because of land slips. Good 'ere innit???
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 09:11 PM

Re: Wild & Wet!!!

Sounds rough Joe, make sure you have plenty in and only go out if you have to, looks like it's going to last for a while yet. A bit breezy here but no rain yet.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 09:29 PM

Small amount of flooding here and a tree down on the bypass, which was a bit of a problem going into work this evening, but managed to walk along the tow path to get there. Has quietened a bit now so hoping the worst is over.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 09:41 PM

'orrible, just 'orrible!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 10:57 PM

You take care Geoff, sounds bad.
We have gusts at the moment and it's pouring with rain.
Went to get the veg and fruit earlier today and the wind was bitter and caught us out going round the corner of a building, I don't know how I'd have picked my better half up, if he'd been blown over
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wind is gusting 70 mph (we're told it will rise to 85mph sometime around midnight), 30ft high waves out in the Channel, parts of central Brighton are flooded, buses have an exhilarating time along the coast road to Eastbourne and some trains have been cancelled because of land slips. Good 'ere innit???

Put your water wings on and strap yourself in your chair UJ.
Sounds pretty awful, I hope it blows itself out soon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 11:36 PM

We've had torrential rain and it's been blowing a hoolie all day. It was impossible keeping an umbrella up in town this morning and I noticed several discarded brollies in the street bins.

Several main roads have been affected by flooding, train services throughout the region have been delayed and flights from Bristol Airport have been disrupted.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 11:39 PM

Just heard on the late news that a huge tree has come down across a road in town, and a caravan park about 8 miles from here is now flooding.
This bad weather seems to be covering a huge area doesn't it. It's getting a bit frightening out there now. Hope we all stay safe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 11:39 PM

I think this is one of the worst storms I can ever remember for length and intensity .
It has been raging since 9am

Just been out with Chloe and had difficulty standing up, the water is ankle deep at the top of the lane and I was soaked in seconds for the third time today.

The fields are flooded all around, thank goodness I am on a little hill.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2013, 11:51 PM

ive had all four seasons in a day today, but it seems we are going to miss the worst of this storm up here. take care all and batten down the hatches.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top