Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 06:38 PM

The Christmas Acting.

We all have to do a certain amount of acting in life whether we like it or not, but come Christmas some of us really shine, like when you are disappointed with your present, you force a smile and say "Just what I always wanted, I was hoping for one of those", or eating someone's plum pudding when you hate all the different varieties, the wet ones, the dry ones, the ones with too much fruit and the ones with not enough fruit, "Oh that's gorgeous Bridie, you really excelled yourself this year". You think some of your once a year visitors will never leave but when they decide to go you say "Ah your not going yet, sure it's only midnight, the night is just a kitten". We even tell the little ones that a big man with a beard and a red frock will leave presents for them if they are good.
Yes we all do it, act and tell lies during the Season of goodwill, 'cept me of course, I'm no hypocrite, I do it all the year round.

Act 2. New Year Resolutions. HA! HA! HA!, now they really make me laugh, and I'm looking forward to hearing them all.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 06:45 PM

Re: The Christmas Acting.

Not me, Jem I start making all the right noises re presents around August cos I'm no good at acting! As for visits we do those so we're entirely in control and no, we're not the ones being booted out.
Now New Years resolutions, well, that's another story altogether....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 06:48 PM

What insight you do have Jem
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 06:48 PM

Well I quite like a bit of acting would love it if my husband could learn to do it, he tends to blurt out his real thoughts rather readily cannot tell a lie to save his life. It's nice to know he always tells the truth but don't tell people quite so quickly what they are wearing looks awful even if it does would be nice
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 06:56 PM

I'd love to see yer face !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well I quite like a bit of acting would love it if my husband could learn to do it, he tends to blurt out his real thoughts rather readily cannot tell a lie to save his life. It's nice to know he always tells the truth but don't tell people quite so quickly what they are wearing looks awful even if it does would be nice
He is a fine example to us all Julie, tell it as you see it, wish I could be like him, probably would be like him if only the wife would let me. I can just imagine my fate if one of her Sisters came over in one of her mad outfits and I said "Where in the name of Jaysus did you get that Maisie" I'd be a dead man for sure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Oh dear Julie, I'm afraid I'm very much like your husband and I probably offend people sometimes too, but I wouldn't deliberately hurt anyone for the world. My dearest friend of over 40 years has told me that I'm too blunt, and I do agree I tend to speak my thoughts without waiting for tact and diplomacy to kick in first. Not always best to be honest perhaps.
Haven't thought about NY resolutions yet Jem, maybe a good one for me would be to try and make myself count to 10 before I fly into panic mode!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 09:12 PM

After reading this latest gem from Jem my mind began to ramble , I can't control it sometimes .I freely admit I write stuff thats apocryphal in its content. By apocryphal I mean in the sense of I may have stories to tell which arent strictly true but would be quite likely to happen given the right circumstances.

Anyway, I immediately thought of ELVIS PRESLEY singing "Are you lonesome Tonight" especially that CHEESY bit where he stops singing and talks in hushed but sincere tones

"You know someone said that the world's a stage
And each must play a part.
Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
And why I'll never know.

I could tell him why. In passing I might also mention the disservice he was doing to our Will Shakespeare by mucking up the words
viz

From Shakespeare's As You Like It, 1600:
JAQUES:
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages...........................blah blah blah..............Last scene of all,
That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything................

Time for my cocoa, then I'll try & remember the point I was going to make.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 11:15 PM

You know someone said that the world's a stage
And each must play a part.
That's from The Merchant of Venice - something like: life is a stage and we must all play our part; and mine was a sad one.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2013, 11:16 PM

Yes, I do a fair bit of acting - well, my mouth does but my face is useless at lying, I'd never make a good poker player.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top