Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Cyberbullying - Trolls

Cyberbullying victim Jess Davies makes film to target trolls

My own behaviour lately on this forum has made me consider this far more .

What can happen to you if you persist being a Troll...

Someone is wrong on the Internet
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Re: Cyberbullying - Trolls

Lets hope it works for you ....... if it helps you to understand better, get a clear picture - thats good .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 01:44 PM

Good piece of film that, I hope it helps the kids have a troll free internet, some kids have committed suicide over here due to the bullying they got so it's a very serious situation.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 01:55 PM

It is very serious Jem - suicides all countries ....
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Sadly, I don't think that will work as it would require the majority of a forum to 'gather around' the member being trolled and trolls know that. Also, way too many of them would see any retaliation as more fuel for their 'entertainment'. The real way, imo, is to for common sharing of their IP addresses and all forums to ban them the moment they step out of line.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 02:01 PM

"The real way, imo, is to for common sharing of their IP addresses and all forums to ban them the moment they step out of line."
Good idea that BV.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-12-2013, 02:02 PM

Agree with your post Kal - the only thing I would add, as I hinted above, it may help the 'actual' bully to 'see' the above - not all, maybe some ....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 02:05 PM

Well at least, and at last, we now have a better idea of what others think a 'toll' is. It certainly wasn't what I considered one to be. The picture protrayed here is far more sinister. Just sheer vindictive nastiness across the board. Probably it becomes habit forming and very difficult to break. I mean you will undoubtedly get your highs from doing it over and over, and without it - what then?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 02:06 PM

I don't see why anyone would be surprised or enlilghtened on this forum - we've talked about it several times and it has been stated what a troll is and how they differ from WUMs.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

13-12-2013, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I don't see why anyone would be surprised or enlilghtened on this forum - we've talked about it several times and it has been stated what a troll is and how they differ from WUMs.
Well I have to disagree with you. It appears that 'trolls' are just bullys in the eyes of the film maker - hence the word 'cyberbullying' used in the article. I thought many were contentious thread starters which is far from how the film maker sees them - and others of the same age too apparently. Don't ever remember anyone saying they were sadistic maniacs in previous threads?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top