Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2013, 08:20 PM

Masterchef The Professionals

Final tonight, anyone been watching, it's been interesting to note the personas of the Michelin Star Chefs who have been tasking the contestants, it was refreshing to see the Italian chap last night, who didn't put the guys under the time cosh, he, like me was of the opinion, if the food is to be of the highest quality, the customer should not mind waiting.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2013, 08:36 PM

Re: Masterchef The Professionals

I'm just the opposite Spitty, if I'm kept waiting any length of time I don't go back there again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2013, 10:51 PM

It was refreshing to see the Italian chap last night, who didn't put the guys under the time cosh, he, like me was of the opinion, if the food is to be of the highest quality, the customer should not mind waiting.
Like Alan I wouldn't want to wait ages for my food particularly if it was for a small and pretentious splodge on a plate.

I love good food but think Masterchef mentors go too far sometimes Massimo Bottura is one of them with his 'emotions on the plate'. I don't think the invited guests in his restaurant had to wait anyway did they. The food had been 8 hours in preparation.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Like Alan I wouldn't want to wait ages for my food particularly if it was for a small and pretentious splodge on a plate.

I love good food but think Masterchef mentors go too far sometimes Massimo Bottura is one of them with his 'emotions on the plate'. I don't think the invited guests in his restaurant had to wait anyway did they. The food had been 8 hours in preparation.
I take it, finance permitting, you would never dip your snout into the "Artisans" posh trough Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I take it, finance permitting, you would never dip your snout into the "Artisans" posh trough Meg.
...I have Paul (taken out to one for my birthday on a number of occasions ) and regretted it.
My son wants to take me to another some distance away which serves a taster menu with 7 courses but I have declined preferring a local Bistro which serves excellent food in three courses of decent proportions .
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 10:45 AM

I agree with Meg. I like food on my plate not artwork.

I gave up watching this program, prefer the ordinary competition.

Who's the other idiot making mushy pea ice-cream?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

13-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I agree with Meg. I like food on my plate not artwork.

I gave up watching this program, prefer the ordinary competition.

Who's the other idiot making mushy pea ice-cream?
Do you mean 'Heston' Ron
They are all at it now with their smears, powders and 'spumes'
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 10:57 AM

I love the programme and wanted Adam to win but he made about two mistakes on his last meal he made otherwise I thought he was the number one.
I couldn't pay all that money for such a small amount of food. It looks nice but I keep saying where are the chips
Don't like to go days not eating potatoes in one way or the other. I would lose weight on those portions, which I suppose would be OK for a while. Unlike Greg I don't like sweets as much as he does but some did look worth eating.
It also makes me feel pleased in my own cooking which is totally different to theirs. It is a good programme to watch.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

13-12-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I love the programme and wanted Adam to win but he made about two mistakes on his last meal he made otherwise I thought he was the number one.
I couldn't pay all that money for such a small amount of food. It looks nice but I keep saying where are the chips
Don't like to go days not eating potatoes in one way or the other. I would lose weight on those portions, which I suppose would be OK for a while. Unlike Greg I don't like sweets as much as he does but some did look worth eating.
It also makes me feel pleased in my own cooking which is totally different to theirs. It is a good programme to watch.
Sandy I was disappointed when Adam didn't win, I think he has been the most consistent all the way through the competition.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

13-12-2013, 01:56 PM

I'm all for "Art on a plate" and twee portions, got to find something to spend my lottery winnings on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top