Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Training course ...

A few weeks ago i decided to go 'over the heads' of my workfare advisors ....In the last year they have done nothing to help me retrain etc ....all they have offered me are courses on how to write letters etc ....after doing some homework I have been offered a place on a training course NEXT WEEK after which i hopefully will get a fork lift truck licence which would hopefully open a few more doors for me ....ha ha ...you should have seen the look on my advisor's face when i told him ....and again when i put in for travel expenses to get to the course ...5 days at 40 mls a day ...they have a greed to pay 1/2 of my fuel costs ..better than nothing ....
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 09:06 PM

Re: Training course ...

Good for you ukmartin. Are you paying for the course yourself ,?let us know how you get on .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
A few weeks ago i decided to go 'over the heads' of my workfare advisors ....In the last year they have done nothing to help me retrain etc ....all they have offered me are courses on how to write letters etc ....after doing some homework I have been offered a place on a training course NEXT WEEK after which i hopefully will get a fork lift truck licence which would hopefully open a few more doors for me ....ha ha ...you should have seen the look on my advisor's face when i told him ....and again when i put in for travel expenses to get to the course ...5 days at 40 mls a day ...they have a greed to pay 1/2 of my fuel costs ..better than nothing ....

That's not bloody good enough Steve matey - go back and tell 'em you want ALL your travel costs paid!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 09:33 PM

I agree UJ they should pay the lot if you have done all the work to get the course. Well done and good luck with it !
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 11:29 PM

good money in fork lift work, my grandson fixes them
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 02:20 AM

The course is free so hopefully all i gotta find is the fuel costs ....

also why dont i get e mail notifications anymore to posts ??? i keep missing replies ..
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

05-12-2013, 02:21 AM

checked settings cant find out what is wrong
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
checked settings cant find out what is wrong
...have you looked in your Spam folder Steve..

I hope the course goes well
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

05-12-2013, 10:53 AM

Thanks Meg ..this one came through ...I just reset everything i could find again last night...Its since I re installed my computer....hopefull all will be well now ......
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2013, 11:42 AM

well done uk...I wish you well and lots of luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top