Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 06:44 PM

Scruffy Santa's.

Looks like Santa is going to have to clean up his act according to this article.

Smoking Santas "should not be allowed" under the new code
Badly behaved and scruffy-looking Santas are to be outlawed under a code of conduct being laid down by the British Santa Association.
Concerned by falling standards among performers, the blueprint is one of the first exercises to be undertaken by the newly-formed association.

Members met at Alton Towers in Staffordshire on Wednesday to "formalise the role of Santa".

Under discussion is ideal beard length and size of stomach.

I was horrified to see a Santa smoking a cigarette once and that, quite simply, should not be allowed.
James Lovell, The Ministry of Fun
James Lovell, from The Ministry of Fun, an entertainment production company that is behind the association, told BBC News he is concerned that the number of Father Christmas grottos is falling. He sees the code as a way of "fighting back".

"Bookings for grottos are down by about 30% compared to last year and we believe the best way to enjoy seeing Santa is in his grotto," he said.

"There wasn't even one on Oxford Street last year.

"We are concerned the role is disappearing and Santa is fighting back.

"Through the association we want to hold regular meetings and discuss relevant matters. A blueprint might sound mad but it is necessary and will be practical.

"I don't want to see a shoddy beard and Santas wearing trainers."

Length of beard

Mr Lovell said he was horrified to see a Santa smoking a cigarette once.

"That, quite simply, should not be allowed," he said.

"We aim to put Santa back on the High Street as regularly as possible and in grottos everywhere and to do that we are trying to ensure that the role is portrayed as magically and wonderfully as possible."

The first item the 16 members all agreed on is that the length of Santa's beard should now be no longer than six inches.

Other issues to be clarified and confirmed in due course include how to say Merry Christmas in several different languages, the need to know the name of all eight reindeer and how the perfect Ho, Ho, Ho should sound.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 07:00 PM

Re: Scruffy Santa's.

Twiz should be at that meeting - the expert on beards - she wouldn't tolerate an unkempt beard !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 07:09 PM

If you want to see how a 'bad santa' behaves then watch this movie:

Bad Santa (2003)

I can't find a clean enough YouTube clip to put on here .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 07:12 PM

I've seen that film Mark, enjoyed it too.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 07:23 PM

Poor old Santa. He works so hard all year round making toys and sorting out squabbles between his little helpers, feeding and looking after his reindeers. Now lets be right here, he has been battling to clear up Rudolph's cold for years now.

Just look at his work load to the run up to Christmas Eve. Dashing from one town to another, riding on those uncomfortable sleighs and putting on a brave face for all the children when he must be exhausted. Then delivering all those presents world wide. Give the poor man a break, he hasn't had time to visit the barber to get a designer trim or to take his boots to the cobblers, or to take his outfit to the cleaners.

They should be ashamed dragging him in to disrepute. I think we should start a. LEAVE SANTA ALONE campaign.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

04-12-2013, 07:37 PM

I agree with you Mall, he's certainly entitled to have a quick fag and a swallow after all that hard work.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 07:38 PM

I hate to tell you this Mall .........
No - I wont do it ......
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 07:40 PM

Ho Ho Ho

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I hate to tell you this Mall .........
No - I wont do it ......
Tell me what Patsy. Come on girl, spit it out. Go on I can take whatever you throw at me. I am after all an adult.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-12-2013, 07:52 PM

Santa - doesn't - No ! I cant say it !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top