Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 02:11 AM

Black Friday Deals

Black Friday shopping is US term. It is the day after Thanksgiving when shops have big sales. Some people go nuts, and get in long lines at stores in the middle of the night! I do all my shopping online.

Anyway, yesterday I was looking at a sale online. I ended up getting a Smart TV for myself at half the usual price Did anyone else find any good deals?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 07:37 AM

Re: Black Friday Deals

I got myself a new camera with 10% off the normal price.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 11:57 AM

Dont like shopping - as for sales, even worse, would never go to them !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 01:09 PM

This 'Black Friday', which I had never heard of until this year, appears to have spread to Spain too, the local shopping centres had Black Friday deals all over the place and the local papers were full of Black Friday ads. I'm not sure what it all means to be honest as there are always special deals and special offers all year round.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Just another 'lets copy the Americans' - as you say we have our sales, why name this one !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Horrible name for a sale's day innit. Sounds positively creepy. All about the collapse of gold prices or something where many lost a great deal of money. Why on earth are they celebrating such a day as that?

Originally Posted by wiki
Black Friday, September 24, 1869 was caused by two speculators’ efforts, Jay Gould and James Fisk, to corner the gold market on the New York Gold Exchange. It was one of several scandals that rocked the presidency of Ulysses S. Grant.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 04:42 PM

I agree MJK - if they are going to have one day sales why not call them red or yellow Fridays - green green for "go" (some positive sounding colour) instead of black.

Edited to add - didn't buy a thing on Friday (except food) - by the term I realised something might be going off and there might be bargains I was too late.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 04:55 PM

I think Black Friday is a public holiday in the states isn't it?
As it isn't here and as most people are working I doubt it will catch on very well.

I hate sales and shopping and avoid both like the plague
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2013, 05:40 PM

I've had a couple of emails 'inviting me to take advantage of Black Friday' - sounded that ominous I just deleted them!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-12-2013, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I've had a couple of emails 'inviting me to take advantage of Black Friday' - sounded that ominous I just deleted them!
Dont blame ya gal - it sounds bloomin awful and judging by the fighhting going on in the aisles - its aptly named !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top