Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 02:48 PM

Messy.

On Fridays I always do my cleaning, not that I don't clean the rest of the week but you know what I mean.

I also do my bread making in-between.

Today got me thinking just how messy I am when doing a job.

When baking, I do what I was taught in Domestic Science in school.

Always, prepare ingredients and equipment before hand and clean as you go along. Well I still follow these rules but somehow still make a terrible mess, which usually takes longer to clean up that the actual job. It is not unique to baking either, it happens no matter what I am doing be it painting, gardening or whatever.

Now no matter what task my husband undertakes he never makes a mess Is it just me?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 02:55 PM

Re: Messy.

I think mess does just happen. I'm not particularly clumsy but I cannot open or use a bag of flour without spattering some down the front of me, on the worktop or on the floor; guaranteed every time.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 03:57 PM

that's at least two of us then.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 04:06 PM

I think you are being too hard on yourself Mall.
Your husband must be one in a million if he doesn't make a mess all husbands have to be cleaned up after

I was in an icing sugar cloud yesterday - no matter how slowly I pour it, it clouds around me
Maybe I should spoon it and not pour.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 04:22 PM

I can categorically say men are as bad if not worse if my husband is anything to go by, if he cooks he uses every pan and spoon available, flour everywhere and just blithely walks away when he has finished too. I make a bit of mess but clear it up, although with shaky hands my mess has increased over the years, luckily the dogs like eating raw eggs so when they hit the floor I have two furry mops cleaning it up for me
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 04:31 PM

Julie, you are so right, I hate decorating times because of the bloomin mess created - also, hubs never closes a drawer ! Opens it, takes what he needs, then walks away !
mesco m
manchester

22-11-2013, 04:34 PM

I'm loving reading these posts
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 04:42 PM

My wife is one of the fussiest people I know. We've had a decorator in this week redecorating our back bedroom and he finished about 1 hour ago. The carpet fitters are coming on Tuesday to take the old carpet up and lay a new one, so what is Sheila doing as we speak........vacuuming the old carpet before it's taken up and disposed of.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 04:43 PM

..... Makes sense to me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 04:49 PM

No no no I can't cope with a mess
I stop and clean up as I go along so that everything looks tidy all the time.

The same with decorating , I guess it takes my twice as long as other people for this reason

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top