Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 05:50 AM

Happy Friday Folk.

A bronze sculpture in the woodland sculptures walk at Samaurez Manor on the island of Guernsey.
Did anyone see the documentary last night about animals of different species becoming friends? It was hearwarming and really worth watching.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 08:30 AM

Re: Happy Friday Folk.

Good morning Alan, good morning everyone - lovely statue Alan, reminds me of Claud Lalique statues. There was a pub here in Brighton which had two Lalique bronze statues at either end of the bar, holding up their hands like holding a beach balll which were in fact glass lamps. When the pub was refurbished some years ago, the philistines threw them away.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 09:32 AM

Good morning all
Theres a thread about the programme in 'Pets' .....
Will watch it tonight .....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 09:47 AM

Good morning everyone. Cold but no rain at the moment. Forgot the Pets thing was on last night so will watch it today on play back.
Cant believe the latest "SLAVE" story from London. The women must have been so down trodden to have lived like that for 30 years. If its true then they should build the stocks again and let everyone come and throw tomatoes at the couple and shout what they think about them. Then
put them in jail for the rest of their miserable lives.
Oh there I go again
Hope everyone has a great day take care
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 09:54 AM

Good morning fellow members cold and damp this morning but at least it is fine and I might get the washing partly dried .

I hope to do some baking later other than that a quiet day I hope.

Enjoy your day everyone
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 10:34 AM

Good morning all.

Lovely figure Alan, just like mine!!!!

Beautiful sunny morning but very cold.

Taking the Mother-in-Law to Hospital at lunchtime today.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Good morning all.

Lovely figure Alan, just like mine!!!!

Beautiful sunny morning but very cold.

Taking the Mother-in-Law to Hospital at lunchtime today.
Funny that - twas thinking the same thing !
Like looking in a mirror aint it gal
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Good morning all, nice statue Alan.
Not a good news day.
The arrest of Paul Flowers (drug related)
The 'slave story' which is apparently just the tip of an iceberg
The collapse of the supermarket roof, in Latvia .
I think I'll stay indoors
Have a good day everyone.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 12:15 PM

Good morning all, a nice sunny day here in Dublin. I'm feeling a lot better today and thank you for your remedy suggestions folks, made a note of them for the next time.
What a lovely statue Alan, reminds me of a line from an old Irish ballad "If I had Nellie in the woods I'd keep her there 'till morning" , a bit brawdy but a great old song.
Enjoy the day Folks.
Libera
Kent
Libera is female  Libera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2013, 01:16 PM

Good morning from Kent - wet and cold but a bit brighter than yesterday.

Alan - I watched that animal programme and it was fascinating; I agree it was heart-warming,especially as there is so much gloom in the news.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top