Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 12:46 AM

Get your thermals ready!!

Hope they're wrong!!

http://endtimeheadlines.wordpress.co...n-forecasters/
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 01:43 AM

Re: Get your thermals ready!!

Oh yuk - I feel the cold so badly! It was 2C and freezing at 7pm this evening.

Gwyn
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 09:37 AM

Heating has gone on for first time this morning, I was up at 3am and decided a shower before work was out of the question as the bathroom was so cold so put the heating on before I left, husband got up to toastie warm bathroom and I will be having my shower in a few minutes after this lovely cup of tea.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 09:44 AM

Carol Kirkwood on BBC Breakfast said the temperature dropped to -6 oC at Bentwood in Oxfordshire last night I can relate to that, as I returned home from the restaurant last night I noticed a heavy frost rime forming on all the cars parked in the street.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 09:47 AM

LONG-RANGE weather forecasters have warned that Britain should prepare for heavy and persistent snow for up to THREE MONTHS with winter 2013 set to be the worst in more than 60 years.
I am not sure how such a prediction can be made when it is not yet possible to accurately say what the weather will be more than a couple of weeks ahead.

In all probability it will snow because it usually does in the winter and if the pressure system settles in a particular area any cold spell could be prolonged.

As always happens with 'predictions' if those who claim them are correct they will say so, if they aren't the predictions will be largely forgotten .

I still haven't forgotten the 'barbecue summer' of 2009 when it rained just about every day from May till September and our little hamlet for the first time in living memory was completely surrounded by water.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Wassa marrar with you all? Been wearing em under my pjs for the last month. In fact they have already been washed once!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not sure how such a prediction can be made when it is not yet possible to accurately say what the weather will be more than a couple of weeks ahead.

In all probability it will snow because it usually does in the winter and if the pressure system settles in a particular area any cold spell could be prolonged.

As always happens with 'predictions' if those who claim them are correct they will say so, if they aren't the predictions will be largely forgotten .

I still haven't forgotten the 'barbecue summer' of 2009 when it rained just about every day from May till September and our little hamlet for the first time in living memory was completely surrounded by water.

Oh meg they don't like you spotting that, they like us to believe them and now you have spoiled it
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 10:37 AM

I think I must be feeling the cold, or was it because I had been off work for a month, we have had the heating on for a few weeks now, ok only for about an hour a day.

But the car last night when we went out at 8.30 pm was totally frozen took ages to get the frost off it was solid and yet this morning not a bit of frost in site.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 01:42 PM

We all know what the weather is like here in Winter. Today I had a laugh as my penfriend in Tasmania was saying she has got her electric blanket on. I said I didn't have one but have a hot water bottle especially when it gets to -10. She said, it doesn't get to -10 in England, I cant remember that.
She has been in Oz for 50 years. So you could say that memories fade
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2013, 05:13 PM

We had a much colder then usual summer, never once wanted the AC on and my electric blanket got used even then, now it is on all the time! We have had one night down to 18 and it was 20 last night. Ground was white with snow and frost this morning. Does that help warm you up? I wear the heavy sweat shirts, 2 at a time...we have wood heat with the furnace in the basement where I can't get to, so when it burns out the house gets darn cold until somebody comes home to start the fire again...have a back up oil furnace but it is set at 65 and that is not warm to me.

Maybe you all will feel warmer when I tell you it is -25 here! We all complain about our weather, don't we?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top