Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:08 AM

Change of pjs?

WARNING

This thread might be too distressing for those of a mild disposition.

Well as I have some time on my hands lately - as in bored - I find my mind wondering about stuff I wouldn't normally wonder about, and what I am wondering about today is how often should I change my pjs and also how often others change em. Tis all wondrous to me you see.

My last pj change took place about a week ago and I must admit they were well ripe. Never seen it before but when I took them off - along with my long johns and t-shirt - they all stuck together and walked over to the washing machine on their own. Now that is a first and maybe they are trying to tell me something?

I spend weeks in pjs. I get out of em to change in to my running gear and then don them once again after. The last lot I had on were on for about 3 weeks. Does your nose get used to your own smell? Could account for my mate moving away from me the other night when showing him stuff on a laptop.

Anyway I digress. Is a 3 week pj and underwear cycle too long a time?

Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:19 AM

Re: Change of pjs?

YES !

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:27 AM

Now now. Constructive replies only please. 2 weeks? 1 week? God forbid - 2x a week! Do people really change their pjs and underclothes more than 2x a week! Sheesh. How does the washing machine keep up with it all?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:37 AM

There is such a thing as 'hand washing'

A relatively simple undertaking and nowadays, with modern technology, there is no need for the mangle in the back yard.
Wash and rinse your 'smalls' (or BIGS) and spin them in the washing machine

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Got two pairs of pjs and wash and wear them daily one on and one off in the wash, hubby does the same. Even when we go camping they are washed every other day by hand, if they could be dried quicker I would do them daily.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 11:56 AM

I don't have that problem Mark, I don't wear pyjamas !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2013, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Got two pairs of pjs and wash and wear them daily one on and one off in the wash, hubby does the same. Even when we go camping they are washed every other day by hand, if they could be dried quicker I would do them daily.
That appears excessive to me. I mean they will be worn out in no time. On top of the washing machine will also get worn out quickly. Does your hubby stink that bad in one day? Maybe I don't stink as much as others? Have you some sort of medical or scientific theory to back this type of approach up?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 12:13 PM

No neither of us stink mainly because we shower and wash and have clean clothes.

I can't help thinking the stinker in this thread is the one who's pjs can walk to the washing machine unaided and doesn't wash them more often !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No neither of us stink mainly because we shower and wash and have clean clothes.

I can't help thinking the stinker in this thread is the one who's pjs can walk to the washing machine unaided and doesn't wash them more often !
Lets try and be objective about this now please. I know how you women get all heated about such things as cleanliness. One should breathe deeply - though perhaps not around me - and try to be calm and considerate. I am at all times and I expect others to follow my example.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-11-2013, 12:23 PM

I look back at how my grandmother managed to keep us all clean with no washing machines and vacuum cleaners etc, no electric in a couple of our homes. If she managed it then it would be shear laziness for me with all these labour saving devices we have now to let standards slip.

Much nicer to smell nice and clean when you live with someone else, almost rude not to IMO.

Living alone I hope I would maintain standards too, the idea anyone would think I smelled less of roses than BO fills me with horror.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top