Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Grumpy ? I am fuming !!

OK it started like this 12 weeks ago my husband had chest pain, very bad chest pain and I made an appointment urgently for him to see his GP. The GP said without examining him it was just indigestion so basically go away.

2 weeks later he fainted at work and made an appointment to see his GP, there was a 3 week wait. GP said his blood pressure was very high and increased his medication.

2 weeks later after chest pain and fainting again we tried to get him another appointment and he finally saw another doctor yesterday. An unacceptable wait IMO.

She took blood and said he must have an ECG today, he went to reception and was given an appointment for the ECG on 29th November !

She rang this morning to say she wasn't happy and due to the wait he must urgently start on another medication could we pick up the prescription this morning so he could start the tablets ASAP.

I went straight to the surgery where the receptionist told me they had sent the prescription to Boots so I returned home to get the car and went to Boots, no they don't have it, they rang the surgery for me and were told it was definitely picked up, so Boots staff rang round to their other branches to find it, no it isn't with them.

Went back to surgery and best they can tell me is they haven't got it and if boots hasn't got it perhaps sainsburys or one of the independants has accidently picked it up.

So now ringing round all the pharmacies in the area and discovered it has gone to numark in middle of the town.

They are taking it back to the GP surgery where I can pick it up this afternoon.

Great service from boots so no problems there and numark are doing their best.

But to say I am angry is an understatement.

And yes this is NHS bashing again but really it's hard to see anything good about this service.

Will add my niece had her own problems two days ago when they messed up her prescription and it was only her quick reaction stopped her daughter having a massive over dose of her blood thinner medication, if the nurse had injected her as she was about to she could have killed her !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 12:36 PM

Re: Grumpy ? I am fuming !!

This is most unusual, the wife works for a Doctor, any call to them regarding chest pain would have resulted in the caller being asked to dial 999, no messing.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 01:41 PM

When my OH had severe chest pain and sweating I dialled 999 and a paramedic and ambulance came and took him to hospital. It was discovered he had atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeats). He was kept in for a week and put on Warfarin tablets which he now has to take for the rest of his life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 01:58 PM

Yes if he had the pain when I was with him that is what I would do, but being at work he won't stop unless he is near death I think the word is workaholic but the point is surely the GP/NHS etc should work better than this when he does try to get an appointment.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 01:59 PM

So sorry to hear this Julie - its bloody terrible to put it mildly ..
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 03:00 PM

Julie 1962 the treatment you have received is so so bad.
I am surprised that a call was not put through for a paramedic to call

To have your prescription sent here there and everywhere is diabolical. we have started now saying that we will pick repeat prescriptions up from the surgery to cut down on wondering where they have sent it. It usual went to Lloyds who never seem to have the tablets in anyway.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Yes I have just got back from unhitching our prescriptions from the system so hopefully they will now not be sent anywhere. This all came on top of last month my prescription just disappeared into the ether they never did find it, someone said it might have gone to sainsburys but they were closed for refurbishing so it never did turn up. Ran out of painkillers before they made out another which rather left me in a mess for several days (don't recommend coming off cocodamol as quickly as I did there ! ).
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 05:12 PM

What an awful and worrying time you have had over that. Next time your hubby gets chest pain, strongarm him into the car and straight to A&E. I wouldn't ever bother with GPs for anything more than a minor thing. As to prescriptions, I stopped mine being sent to the chemist as they had a tendency to disappear so now I pick them up. If they have 'accidentally' sent it, I'll stand and wait whilst they redo it.

As you say, it's a shame we have to think that way now.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 05:28 PM

You cannot mess about with chest pains , I would have thought the GP would have sent him straight to hospital .or he should have gone to hospital himself . He wouldn't have to wait till the end of November then for an ECG.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2013, 05:34 PM

Sorry to hear about your husband and the problems. Hope he's ok!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top