Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 09:34 AM

Inspector Morse

Any fans of this show out there?

I would love to know the name of the very beautiful music used in one particular Morse episode. It has been haunting me for years but I cannot identify it as there are only fragments played amid popular music and it is not mentioned in the credits. It is sung by a choir and could be a hymn.

Inspector Morse - Series Six - episode "Cherubim and Seraphim"

First fragment - Marilyn and Vicky in Vicky's bedroom.

Second fragment - where the young lad is walking into the railway tunnel.

Third fragment - Charlie's house as he begins to sort out his tapes.

I do hope someone recognises it and can help, it is driving me mad.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 10:07 AM

Re: Inspector Morse

You hum it Silver Tabby and I'll see if I know it !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Hi there,
Love Morse and think it was a great programme. I am watching the re-runs
One thing I don't like about it is the heavy music Morse likes. Just not my scene.
I have looked on google about the episode you have mentioned but it just gives the Composer of a lot of the music on the series.
I did find the following though

The theme and incidental music for the series was written by Barrington Pheloung and utilises a motif based on the Morse code for "M.O.R.S.E.". In the documentary, The Mystery of Morse, Pheloung states that he occasionally spelled out the name of the killer in Morse code in the music, or alternatively spelled out the name of another character as a red herring. The series also included opera and other classical genres as part of its soundtrack, most notably pieces by Richard Wagner and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (whose Magic Flute is a significant plot device in one episode

Hope this helps. I only saw that episode the other week but as mentioned don't listen to the music on it.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 12:18 PM

I am also watching all the morse episodes as I love John Thaws character.

It is very difficult when you hear a piece of music on a programme and they don't list what it is we find that with lots of programmes now a days.

Sorry I cannot help
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 02:27 PM

Was it this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh31j6L95Ok
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Was it this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh31j6L95Ok
That's the one! I just love the descant.

Thank you so much, Julie. It was not credited on the series - possible because you only hear fragments. I even emailed 'The Morse Society' website - but they would not answer unless I joined - and it was expensive just for one question!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 09:00 PM

My daughter's phone has a free app called "Sound Hound" which recognizes tunes even little bits, very handy.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-11-2013, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
My daughter's phone has a free app called "Sound Hound" which recognizes tunes even little bits, very handy.
Even classics? That is brilliant.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That's the one! I just love the descant.

Thank you so much, Julie. It was not credited on the series - possible because you only hear fragments. I even emailed 'The Morse Society' website - but they would not answer unless I joined - and it was expensive just for one question!
Glad to have helped knew my father's obsession with classical music would come in handy one day LOL
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2013, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Even classics? That is brilliant.
Yes, practically anything, it's brilliant!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top