Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Binned laughter !

Recycling bins here now. So, I takes me food waste down this morning only to find food wrapped in carrier bags in the bin !
So, I phoned the gal I look out for here, who I had written instructions for. How are you getting on with the food waste says I - Oh, I cant be doing with sorting out everything - I take it over to TESCOs. Well I tell ya I had tears of laughter imaging her with a little bag of food rubbish, handing it to the cashier !
Tescos ! says I, - Yes - I put it in their bin !
That incident will keep me going with laughter for today
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 12:04 PM

Re: Binned laughter !

Oh I love that, every little helps.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 01:51 PM

Shes 85 Jem - sweet and inncocent - the picture of her traipsing over to Tesco with her little bag o rubbish, is just priceless - so funny
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 02:25 PM

After initial laughter I was left thinking what on earth are we doing making people almost afraid to put their rubbish out that they take it to Tesco to put it in their bins

Mad world we are living in these days mad I tell you mad !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2013, 02:33 PM

Spot on Julie ! Mad
Shes not alone of course, its confusing for anybody, she cant grasp information anymore, so this is the answer for her ....
She gets very confused day to day, its a worry for me as I'm so concerned for her. Shes a special lady and worth attention from me ......
BTW - I called the bags - combustable bags this morning - Oh dear !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 02:42 PM

It must be confusing for those people who have developed a memory problem - I hadn't thought about that. It does seem they haven't been considered by the great and the good. Well done to her - no point sending her blood pressure up over which bag takes what.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2013, 02:44 PM

That was my reasonong Kal - I gave her all the help initially, but she just cant grasp it, so its not worth upsetting and confusing her more !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2013, 02:49 PM

Well I doubt the world will grind to a stuttering halt if she puts her food waste in the same bins that people will chuck chip wrappers, sandwich packaging, cake wrappers, etc. I'd rather she did that than have an elderly person fretting over something that's no longer within their control.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Exactly !
She'll never know how much I laughed, still am - she just wouldn't get it - bless her
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-11-2013, 02:56 PM

I chuckle when I see my mum's bin being put out. She wastes very little and composts a lot and as she seldom eats processed food, there's generally no tins/plastic containers so her weekly rubbish is one filled carrier bag which she ties up; and there it sits, on its own at the bottom of that big bin - I don't know why I find it funny but I do

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top