Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 01:38 PM

Superheroes To The Rescue

Remember the scene from Only Fools & Horses when Del and Rodney foil a mugging whilst dressed as Batman and Robin? Well, fact has brought fiction to life!

A group of people dressed as Batman, Robin, David Hasselhoff and a Smurf helped police officers catch a criminal in an East Lothian supermarket.

A man dressed as Robin was on Eskview Road in Musselburgh when he was assaulted just before 20:00 on Friday.

He and his friends, who were all in fancy dress, called police before chasing the attacker into Tesco.

After a scuffle in the toilet roll aisle, a 21-year-old man was arrested. He later pled guilty in court.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: "A 21-year-old man was arrested and charged in connection with an assault in Eskview Road, Musselburgh, on Friday 1 November.

"He was remanded in custody until Monday 4th November, where he appeared in court and pled guilty to the offence."

Wouldn't that have been a sight to behold!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-24854508
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 01:44 PM

Re: Superheroes To The Rescue

I'd like to have seen that on their CCTV afterwards !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Yea - would loved to have seen it !!

Loved the Del boy episode turning up at a posh do, dressed as Batman and Robin - fab !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'd like to have seen that on their CCTV afterwards !
You and me both - wish they'd release the footage
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2013, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yea - would loved to have seen it !!

Loved the Del boy episode turning up at a posh do, dressed as Batman and Robin - fab !
Me too - remember Trigger's comment to Rodney? 'You do look like the Lone Ranger but Del don't look nothing like Tonto'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Me too - remember Trigger's comment to Rodney? 'You do look like the Lone Ranger but Del don't look nothing like Tonto'
Forgot that line - so good !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2013, 02:02 PM

I feel like watching Only Fools and Horses now! I had bought every series ever made - all on VHS

Mind you, now I have something to ask Father Christmas for
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2013, 02:04 PM

You cant beat it can ya - always good for a larf is Del Boy ......
I'm laughing now, thinking of little snippets
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2013, 02:14 PM

I have so many lines running through my head now, what a class act they all were - every single one of the cast, brilliantly chosen.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-11-2013, 02:16 PM

Superb - I'd say the 'best' - obviously good ones follow .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top