Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Cracking printer.

My sis ignored my advice with regard to the kind of printer she should buy, well not so much her as her husband. Ended up with a Kodak which they are too afraid to use because of such expensive replacement cartridges - great. Anyway she had enough of that and asked me to get her a printer that her daughter can bang out a lot of her Uni stuff on. Bought an Epson XP305 Wi-Fi capable printer off Argos Ebay for £49.99 with 1yr Argos guarantee and 20 compatible replacement cartridges again off Ebay for £20.

Great printer and was a doddle to set up and was online in no time after installing the software on her laptop. The printer has excellent wifi reception so it resides away in a cubby-hole and she can sit comfortably in her living room and send the docs for printing from there. Other pluses is that it is very fast and very quiet. Overall very high marks from me.

If you are looking for a new cheap to run printer consider one of the above.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Re: Cracking printer.

Thanks for the tip Mark, I think it's the cartridge replacements that puts everybody off, 20 for 20 quid sounds great.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thanks for the tip Mark, I think it's the cartridge replacements that puts everybody off, 20 for 20 quid sounds great.
Yes. I have used loads of compatible cartridges from that supplier and never had any problems. It really is the key to being happy with your printer when you don't have to worry about replacing cartridges. Hell I bought 30 for £9.99 for another printer the other day and just one original cost pobably as much as that and the printer used 6! It was either cheap cartridges or throw the printer away more or less.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 01:51 PM

You're spot on there Mark, the key is to be happy with the printer and not have to worry every time you want to run off a couple of pages, peace of mind with the thing is all important.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 01:56 PM

My son bought my last printer, a Canon and the cartridges are so expensive I hardly dare use it.

I think the cost of the cartridges is a very important factor when deciding on a new printer.
The Epson sounds very good value Mark
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 02:31 PM

I bought a Kodak because the cartridges were cheaper!!!! However it's not compatible with my laptop so have to put stuff on a memory card! Epsom was the worst followed by Cannon and the best I've ever had was a Lexmark which would print on cardboard if you wanted it to.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

06-11-2013, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I bought a Kodak because the cartridges were cheaper!!!! However it's not compatible with my laptop so have to put stuff on a memory card! Epsom was the worst followed by Cannon and the best I've ever had was a Lexmark which would print on cardboard if you wanted it to.
Epsons - as all I suppose - printers have improved a great deal. The Lexmark was notorious for costly replacement cartridges as they cost more than the printer did . They were more or less giving one version of Lexmark printer away at one time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 03:59 PM

But they could print on anything!!!!!!!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 04:22 PM

My main printer is an Epson RX500 which we bought before I was 'computerised'.
It can work independently and costa lotty.

Inks have been insanely expensive and my late OH (Graphic Designer) would never let me buy compatible inks, so I used it as infrequently as possible.

I now have, with encouragement (OK bullying lol) from my friend, bought a whole load of cheapo compatible inks ... wowwwwwweeeee ~ all OK so far
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2013, 06:01 PM

I always use compatible inks with my Epson dx4200....never had any problem with them.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top