Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 04:55 PM

Close Enounters

Anybody ever had a close encounter of the third kind?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 04:57 PM

Re: Close Enounters

No not the 'third kind', wouldn't mind one though - I do believe in life out there !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 05:50 PM

I did once see an enormous floating glowing object in the sky which really spooked me. Hubby No. 1 came out to look at it and said it was a weather ballooon but why it would be illuminated at night or that big I have no idea. What it was, to this day, I don't know.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Not since I saw the film at the cinema
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 09:09 PM

Never had that experience, but I would love to meet an alien from another world, nobody would believe me if it ever happened so I'd keep it to myself for fear of being locked away for the rest of me natural, as I'm sure a lot of people would.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 01:48 PM

I agree Jem - if we did see one, theres no point in telling anyone is there, except yer near and dear ......
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 02:59 PM

saw something years ago...don't know what it was...I was with my friend...just standing talking...we saw this round light in the sky...it wasn't the moon cos it was there too...don't think it was spherical...more flat like a disc...cos it seemed to turn so we could see a thin edge then turned back again ..and disappeared...
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 05:13 PM

Nothing that I could actually swear to being a Close Encounter but I've seen lots of strange things in the sky on many occasions that didn't really conform to the aircraft / balloon description.

When I was still at school we had a school trip to Hampton Court Palace to see the Son et Lumiere - I think it was around 1964.

There was tiered seating set-up and we were all in our seats, with the teachers, waiting for it all to start when a large glowing object appeared, going slowly across the early-evening sky in front of everyone seated.

At that point we all thought Heathrow or a helicopter.

It then seemed to turn in the sky while staying in the same place so we thought "helicopter"!

As it did this, the glowing light went from a cigar or saucer shape to a central spot, which was very intense, then it seemed to be slowly coming towards us.

Within what seemed like milliseconds it was a huge ball of bright light seemingly behind and above the palace itself and it seemed to be pulsating.

I heard the teachers saying "military" or "helicopter" and that's what we all thought, until it suddenly shot straight upwards into the night sky at a speed that semed far beyond anything flown by man or created by man could possibly have done and it remained high above us as a pin prick of bright light for about 3 seconds then shot off to the left and vanished completely.

It was a clear night and everyone was talking about it but I don't remember anything in the papers but I do remember reports of UFOs over the same area several times since then.

In 1977 I was out in the desert at night in Saudi Arabia, watching over a pressure test of a pipeline we'd built when my colleague and I clearly saw 5 V-shaped objects high above us.
The odd thing was that they suddenly appeared but did not move in the sky for at least 3 minutes.

After that 3 minutes 4 of the objects started to encircle the one that remained stationary and after about a minute they were all lined-up in a configuration that was a star shape.

I don't know of anything that could have done that which could be man-made nor do I know of anything that could then separate seconds later and each section shot off in the direction of the V and disappeared.

We had a number of incidents like this in Saudi and once we saw what appeared to be a meteor strike close by.

I found a pit in the scrub desert about 15 feet deep with a glowing lump of rock in the centre.

This "rock" looked like a starfish fossil but it was incredibly hot so I picked it up the next day and took it to the ARAMCO Geology team and left it with them with a full description of the when and how I'd seen the thing.

When I went back the next day they denied I'd ever left anything with them but I found another one three weeks later - again in a pit - and I had it for a number of years because I thought it was somehow special.

I lost it through circumstances I'd rather not go into here but it looked like a 5-legged starfish, fossilised and was 7" across and completely uniform. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2013, 05:19 PM

Truly fascinating story Steve.
So many like yours involving the RAF and pilots in general .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2013, 05:21 PM

That's very interesting!
My Dad was working in a farmer's field & said a spaceship landed & Martians came out of it & shone a black light (because they could only see in the dark). He was joking of course but now we have black lights!
One evening my Mum called us into her room & we looked out of the window, there was a bright beam of light shining down on the cabbages in the garden, it sounded like a heavy shower of hail was coming down it, there was nothing there when it stopped, (that was true) all 5 of us saw it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top