Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 06:15 AM

Happy Sunday Everyone.

Taken on the island of Sark in the Channel Islands.
I had some new raspberry plants come yesterday. I've chosen an Autumn fruiting variety for a change, I understand that they are not so much trouble to look after as the summer fruiting ones. What's your experience ?
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 07:28 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Everyone.

Morning Alan.... yes your right my autumn ones practally went wild in a corner and I had lots of loverly fruits , the summer ones died off after a few cold winters...
Im having a peacful day today after yestersdays walk around the village and party for the local kids , which fun has filled my noise levels for another year....So Im taking the dogs up the mountain where im sure I will be the only person on this blustery day....
Have a good one all......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 08:22 AM

Morning all. Watching telly in bed, had my first coffee and first meds.

Beautiful pic of Sark.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 08:44 AM

Good morning all
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 08:49 AM

Morning folks, cold here but nice and sunny so we're off for an early walk with the dogs in the forest.

Not much planned, just pottering about I guess but still need to watch out for our conservatory leak, which I'm not sure that I've cured yet.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Barry
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Good morning all.

Beautiful sunshine but cold and windy.

Cooking Gammon joint at the moment.

Off to the Mother-in-Laws after lunch (what fun).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 09:36 AM

Good morning all. I awoke to a truly delightful smell permeating my little 'pad' this morning - the smell of roast beef. I had placed a joint in the slow cooker last evening and switched on before I went to bed - hence the delightful smell this morning - roast beef and onion!!!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Good morning everyone. Love the picture of Sark, I have sunbathed and played football on that beach but boy is it a steep climb up and down. Especially with a 4 year old. My brother in laws 12 yr old nephew was there
playing footie and he became a famous footballer in the 80;s and 90;s,
Going to have chicken today with Yorkshires. Not a lot of bangs last night, well not as many as usual. That could be a good thing unless its going to be a Bonfire Night for 6 nights instead of one
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 11:01 AM

HELLO ALAN

Autumn fruiting RAsperries.

Plant AUTUMN BLISS & forget the rest

I have grown them for at least 20 years & given countless canes away to friends and family. They need soil thats in good heart.

THey grow to 6 feet high in good soil and start fruit in JULY and they produce a continual suppy until the frost .

THey are not so much trouble as other in they don't give you all stuff about discading/cutting down the old canes & leaving
NO, its a caese of cuttind down the entire row of raspberry this years canes. THe canes come up full of vigour & mostly disease free.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Good morning fellow members a breezy day and I am hoping to get the washing dry.

Thank heavens a child free day , I do love my grandchildren but they can be exhausting.
We all went to a firework display last night, the bonfire was cancelled due to the high wind, the fair ground amusements were all £2 a go making it very expensive with 3 children the fireworks didn't start until 7.30 by which time all three little ones were ready for bed and grumpy.

So I am looking forward to a leisurely day and lamb for lunch

Enjoy your day everyone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top