Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 06:01 AM

Happy Monday Everyone.

Linton Falls near Grassington showing the recently restored electricity generating station.
Well, it's5am and the bad weather has arrived at Kettering. It is raining hard and windy but hardly storm conditions yet.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 06:12 AM

Re: Happy Monday Everyone.

Morning Alan
You have been to some nice places ....
Mmmm still waiting to here how Cornwall has faired and if my house is still standing , have to wait a few hours to ring neighbours .... My main worry is my poor greenhouse ..... although come to think about I do need a new one !!
Nothing to do today except house work and put my nose into my french home work....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 06:21 AM

Good morning Alan and Baggy ..... and all who follow

I've been up since 3.50am unable to sleep, raining and windy here but nowhere near gale force winds yet. Hope it won't be as bad as forecast after all...

Stay safe everyone....
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 06:24 AM

Morning Mags
I have just heard on the news 7000 houses have lost power in the SW ....
and trees down ... waiting for some proper news from neighbours
Best to sleep through it i think !!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 07:27 AM

According to the news this morning Baggy darlin' - the storm merely skirted the South West, swept up the Channel and Hampshire, Sussex, Kent and Surrey are copping the worst of it. A short while ago there was a recorded gust of wind at 92 MPH at the 'Needles' on the west of IoW.
Nobaggage

28-10-2013, 07:45 AM

Thanks UJ
Yes I heard about IOW , dont we have a member from there ? Hope they are OK ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Thanks UJ
Yes I heard about IOW , dont we have a member from there ? Hope they are OK ....

We're holding on by our finger nails Baggy darlin'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 08:09 AM

Good morning all

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 09:01 AM

Good morning fellow members I hope we are all still standing. The storm hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it might have been though there is flooding and Chloe and I had rather a hairy walk at 7am.

The milkman made it through with the milk for my porridge so all is well in my world

Enjoy your day everyone
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 09:09 AM

Good morning everyone. I was braced all night expecting the first gust to hit my bedroom window like it did a few weeks ago. We have rain and wind but not like we were expecting. It was windy yesterday at noon and not this morning. The update on the gusts the I of W got a 99mph one after the Needles one and 105mph on the straights of Dover. Then its off into the North Sea and Germany, Denmark and Holland are going to get it worse and 100mph.
Going for a long walk after about 11am when it should be safe to go out. Take care all. Hope you greenhouse has survived.
So the South is suffering and we are on the side effects.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top