Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:36 PM

Stretched Screens.

I love Diana Dors in films, not the best actress in the world but very pleasing to the male eye, however I watched her in a black and white film earlier today and had to blink a few times to make sure it was her i was looking at, the film was 'Tread Softly Stranger' with a very young George Baker. Diana was on the flat roof of a tenement building exercising in a pair of hot pants and her bottom was enormous!, from the back she looked dumpy instead of having her lovely full figure, I was disappointed. The reason for this I think is the way they show the old black and white films on the wide screen, I think they stretch it out with the result everyone has a fat arse in all the scenes, personally I prefer to watch these films on youtube where you have the space on the right and left of the screen and they all have their normal proportions. Must be very embarrassing for those actors still alive and watching the TV, now aint you glad you never went into films.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Re: Stretched Screens.

Thats exactly what we do - alter the screen ....
Otherwise some actors are 'very' tall !
I didn't mind Diana at all - did you see her in the Steptoe film Jem - your eyes would surely have popped out on stalks ! They did a close up of her bum - Jeez - nearly had me eye out !
Seems to be the 'in thing' these days, either padding the behind or surgery !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:47 PM

How could I have missed that film Patsy, I'll make a note of that, something to look forwards to, a close up you say, happy days are here again!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:51 PM

You made us both laugh out loud !!
Do look it up Jem - they only made 2 films, so you want the one with Diana in it... Think, it was called 'Steptoe Rides Again' It was very funny Jem
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

24-10-2013, 02:36 PM

I just have a fear of fat asses that's not my fault, I can't help it, and of course no reflection on anyone who has one, you see when I was a baby I was left unattended on an armchair and a fat assed Aunt sat on me, It was a harrowing experience and only when she jumped up screaming after our Jack Russell mistook one of her legs for a lamppost was I uncovered, it all came out on the psychoanalysts couch.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 03:07 PM

You should be able to alter you screen Jem, we have various options on our telly, we still see some fat asses though.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2013, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I just have a fear of fat asses that's not my fault, I can't help it, and of course no reflection on anyone who has one, you see when I was a baby I was left unattended on an armchair and a fat assed Aunt sat on me, It was a harrowing experience and only when she jumped up screaming after our Jack Russell mistook one of her legs for a lamppost was I uncovered, it all came out on the psychoanalysts couch.
Maybe you should think twice on watching that Steptoe film Jem !
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I love Diana Dors in films, not the best actress in the world but very pleasing to the male eye, however I watched her in a black and white film earlier today and had to blink a few times to make sure it was her i was looking at, the film was 'Tread Softly Stranger' with a very young George Baker. Diana was on the flat roof of a tenement building exercising in a pair of hot pants and her bottom was enormous!, from the back she looked dumpy instead of having her lovely full figure, I was disappointed. The reason for this I think is the way they show the old black and white films on the wide screen, I think they stretch it out with the result everyone has a fat arse in all the scenes, personally I prefer to watch these films on youtube where you have the space on the right and left of the screen and they all have their normal proportions. Must be very embarrassing for those actors still alive and watching the TV, now aint you glad you never went into films.

I liked the chair......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2013, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I liked the chair......
Oh God - I nearly fell off mine
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh God - I nearly fell off mine
Wobbly?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top