Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 05:38 AM

Deserted Island

If you were ship wrecked on a deserted island, who would you like to be ship wrecked with?

You can have 10 people that you'd most like to be on a desert island with, and why?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Re: Deserted Island

Oooh - this is going to need a bit of thought!

OK:-

1 My dad - because he was very practical and could make anything out of almost nothing.

2 My Aunt Chriss - because she won prizes for cookery. Also both of these are excellent company.

3 Martin Shaw - because I admire his acting ability but also he is a very spiritual person and I would like to know him.

4 Stephanie Cole - she is such a lovely, warm and funny person.

5 Alan Rickman - because of his melifluous voice and he is also an excellent raconteur.

6 Frederick Chopin - because he could lull us to rest with such beautiful music.

7 Charles Dickens - because he could tell us such wonderful stories.

8. Queen Elizabeth I - she was a brilliant queen and and an exceptional woman.

9 Dr Bhagwati Sugandha - an ex colleague of mine and one of the best doctors I ever came across. She also had a wicked sense of humour.

10 Johnny Depp - because ... well ... best leave that to your imagination. But he would have to stop smoking!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 07:45 AM

Bear Grylls before anyone else, any good cook, any good fisherman, not bothered about the others as I think if you're trapped somewhere then you'd get on each other's nerves anyway!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 08:42 AM

My husband because he is sat next to me and can see what I type.
My niece and her daughter because I would miss them too much if I didn't see them everyday.
My nephews (2) because they are both fit strong young men who love wild camping so would be very handy to have around.
Andy who we have camped with on several occasions and is very handy at building things from very little.
Uncle Joe because he would make sure we were all fed if it killed him I am sure (compliment in there somewhere UJ !).
My friend Kizzy who carries enough pharmaceuticals in her hand bag to start a pharmacy and I am sure would have a cure for anything anyone went down with.
I'll just have 8 people if I could take my dogs too, they think they are humans anyway
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 08:51 AM

John Bishop he can tell a good joke
Ainsley Harriott to cook the meals
Kevin Costner to snuggle upto at night
David Attenborough because he's been every where and probably knows this island.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 09:09 AM

Thank you Julie - but I was never the 'outdoor' type and am not into camping. I would rather have a fully kitted out kitchen to cook in and of course full freezer, fridge and cupboards too. In between cooking, I would also want my very comfortable riser/recliner armchair and so that would need an electrical connection too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 09:20 AM

So electricity is vital, wonder if we could hook up a windmill and make our own ? !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 09:30 AM

Hubs ....
Dr. Cameron (Ian Banner)
Peter Ustinov
Crazy Horse
Geronimo
Twiz
Bags
Jem
Phyllis
and RJ - you can bring yer nurse !
Loverly company - the wise and the downright funny !
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 09:50 AM

I would bring
A hunter
A farmer
A builder
A water engineer
A solar energy specailist
A carpender
The above would bring all they need in there hand luggage
John Boyne so he could continue to write books for me to read
Hubby because Id need some one to nag ;0) His job could be wine making
And my Pats as she would tell me when to stop being silly and give me good advice plus be there at the end of each evening for a chinwag and glass of wine ;0)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 10:05 AM

Sensible as usual Bags .....
My warriors mind you - would be equally as good as your choice !
Hello gal x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top