Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Pointless celebrities

BBC 1 before strictly

Well that is half an hour I will never get back
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Re: Pointless celebrities

Why where are ya ....?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Well just goes to show that it takes all sorts, cos although I hate strictly as indeed hate all so called reality shows (well nearly all as I love those police chase ones, shows how dumb most criminals are, and there was a brilliant one set in a northern custody suite but those besides cannot stand them or the idiots who become 'celebrities' on the back of them). But I do love pointless. It is easy to watch most quiz show which rely on 'general knowledge' and get most of the answers correct, but to have to think of an answer which is both correct and completely obscure is brilliant I think.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 06:51 PM

only see the beginning of that as I am a big Fan of escape to the country and also Put your money where your mouth is, but usually no matter how riveting it is I drop off and wake as it ends but on e day yes one day I may see a full programme.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 07:03 PM

Most celebs are pointless .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I agree Pats that is why I don't watch it
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Completely agree and I won't be making the same mistake next week
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 01:42 AM

It is very odd watching QI on the ABC because while I know who Stephen Fry and Alan Davies are the rest of the guests (with a few exceptions) are total unknowns. The same applies to that program "Would I Lie to You" The latter is a bit of a filler on ABC2.

Because I have no previous knowledge of them some of these unknown 'celebrities' appear quite talented, some are non entities while others total galahs. Trying to guess what they are famous for makes the show even more interesting.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 02:10 AM

AnnieM
I like watching escape to the country too. I love looking at the old heritage houses and the show where they go in and makeover a house in 60 minutes.

We have quite a few British shows on ABC showing all the old country houses and when people buy them to renovate. It's great to see just what some of the houses (ruins really) turn out like once they bring them back to their former glory.

Don't like reality shows. Most of them are just plain rubbish.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2013, 07:18 PM

You should try watching "The Wright Stuff" Bruce, it's a topical discussion program, there's a panel of three, two are recognizable, usually, then there's always one who is a "celeb" from "Big Brother" or "Essex" or somewhere really weird like "Home and Away" even we don't know who they are!
They sometimes have Mark Little on there, he's brilliant!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top