Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 04:42 AM

Personal messages ...

I have noticed this on some profile ...

This member
has chosen not to receive Personal Messages or may not be allowed to receive Personal Messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

I can understand members not wanting messages ...
that is their own choice

I am just wondering why would they not be allowed to receive Personal messages....
GDAD
Sydney Australia
GDAD is male  GDAD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 04:58 AM

Re: Personal messages ...

Sugarbug: I stopped messages because I was getting that many( up to 80 a day) it was just to much. I do have a life
besides the computer, with family.
Most of my computer time is during the night as I have a problem sleeping because of a back problem.
Daytime in the summer here in australia is pool time!! Cheers
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 04:58 AM

You can make the choice of not receiving personal messages and, if you do that, then you can not send that person a PM as they won't receive it.

I can't imagine why anybody would receive up to 80 PMs a day on a forum though.
GDAD
Sydney Australia
GDAD is male  GDAD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
You can make the choice of not receiving personal messages and, if you do that, then you can not send that person a PM as they won't receive it.

I can't imagine why anybody would receive up to 80 PMs a day on a forum though.
Mollie I wasn't only getting postings from this forum.
I do not like the insinuation that i am lying.That I don't do to people on forums. I belong to three forums across the world
Have met some wonderful people.The way I stopped the Idiots who were bombarding me with trivial bullsh*t was to give my personal address to those of us that were compatible & appreciated each others privacy & Lives, then stop the direct postings through the forums...Gordon!!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by GDAD ->
Mollie I wasn't only getting postings from this forum.
I do not like the insinuation that i am lying.That I do nt do to people on forums. I belong to three forums across the world
Have met some wonderful people.The way I stopped the Idiots who were bombarding me with trivial bullsh*t was to give my personal address to those of us that were compatible & appreciated each others privacy & Lives...Gordon!!!
No, no, no I was not insinuating that you were lying, not at all. I just couldn't believe how awful it must have been for you to have been swamped by PMs. I too was once bombarded with PMs on another forum years ago, to the point where I was saturated with other people's problems, annoyances etc, and I wasn't even an Admin or a Mod, so reading that you had up to 80 a day was just ridiculous and totally unfair on you.

No, I didn't think for one moment that you were lying as you'd have no reason to do that, so I'm truly sorry if I've offended you as that was most certainly not my intention.

I too have met some lovely people through forums and we communicate regularly by email, rather than use the media of a forum. So very sorry as I didn't mean to upset you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 08:28 AM

Has anyone ever had a PM From the PM.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 08:51 AM

From his office (Tony Blair) but written by an underling also had a letter from the Queen written by staff. Neither exactly address the problems I had written about but they took the time to respond I suppose so shouldn't complain !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 09:37 AM

I wrote to Maggie Thatcher once about a housing problem. Found the reply (from her office) amongst my papers recently and forgot that I'd even done it. Obviously I was that excited, lol!
GDAD
Sydney Australia

19-10-2013, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
No, no, no I was not insinuating that you were lying, not at all. I just couldn't believe how awful it must have been for you to have been swamped by PMs. I too was once bombarded with PMs on another forum years ago, to the point where I was saturated with other people's problems, annoyances etc, and I wasn't even an Admin or a Mod, so reading that you had up to 80 a day was just ridiculous and totally unfair on you.

No, I didn't think for one moment that you were lying as you'd have no reason to do that, so I'm truly sorry if I've offended you as that was most certainly not my intention.

I too have met some lovely people through forums and we communicate regularly by email, rather than use the media of a forum. So very sorry as I didn't mean to upset you.
Mollie its alright, I may have misunderstood what you saying.
But i assure you, I even changed broadband providers. Now I really look before I leap, and slowly accept new friends....Cheers
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2013, 11:13 AM

You must be a very popular man GDAD If it was 80+ on here you would be forever emptying your boxes!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top