Join for free
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 02:20 PM

Gators...

I looked for some photos of baby gators but haven't come across them. I find them interesting critters..hugs, Shirley
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 06:19 PM

Re: Gators...

Lovely photos Shirley

Here's one we spotted on an airboat trip in Florida last August ....

.... and some baby gators

Like you, I find them interesting and I was fortunate to hold a 2 year old baby gator on that trip
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 08:22 PM

Two rare white alligators at Gatorland, Florida .....

ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2013, 02:41 PM

Mags, I never heard of albino gators before...they are good lookers, heh? First time I saw baby gators, they were resting on top of water lily pads and just fit. I saw then off and on for several months, until hibernating time. Saw them in the same pond the following year, a good bit bigger and watched them another few months....until I came by to see them and found the pond torn up, lillies thrown out on the road, brush trampled...never saw gators there again. Talked with a ranger about it and the guess is wild hogs grabbed the baby gators and probably had a fight with Momma gator.
Thanks for adding your gators to mine...hugs, Shirley

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top