Join for free
GDAD
Sydney Australia
GDAD is male  GDAD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 06:46 AM

Sydney bush fires

http://www.over50sforum.com/album.php?albumid=519
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

17-10-2013, 06:59 AM

Re: Sydney bush fires

Tell you what,your copy and paste skills are very good??

Do you do anything else? like converse with people? lol
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 10:16 AM

Bill you must have some Yorkshire in you - blunt and straight to the point
I have a penfriend in Tas and she told me there were
bad fires again on the mainland. Terrible thing to have.
Makes you wonder how the animals have lived in those areas
for thousands of years and still exist.
GDAD
Sydney Australia
GDAD is male  GDAD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 10:30 AM

Bill, the photos were taken from my back yard looking north & west.
Lots of smoke & scorched leaves blowing about in the gale force winds.
I live at the foot of the blue mountains west of Sydney. Thankfully am
not in danger. I fell for those who have lost all in the fires..devastating!!!
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Wildfire is a awesome thing...so devastating when uncontoled. Here in the states we had 19 fire fighters lost in one fire, a whole team got trapped.

I have a Aussie friend that was very close to the huge fires near Melbourne a few years ago. Whole towns were lost as roads out were closed with fires...it came within a half mile of her home and the wind shifted. I still remember stories of rescued wildlife...especially koalas.

Hope you will stay well, Gdad..hugs, Shirley
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 06:25 PM

That looks a bit too close for comfort It must be frightening to watch it getting closer and closer to your home..
GDAD
Sydney Australia

17-10-2013, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That looks a bit too close for comfort It must be frightening to watch it getting closer and closer to your home..
We are safe, the fires are well away from us. The gale force winds are bringing smoke & scorched leaves blowing everywhere. Sydney has fire surrounding it but the fires are well away. One fire in the mountains is 140 kilometres long,
60 to 100 homes have been lost.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 02:55 PM

I see that the fires there are in our news this morning, saying they have gotten much worse and getting closer to Sidney. I have an terrible fear of wild fire...hugs, Shirley
GDAD
Sydney Australia

20-10-2013, 11:39 PM

My Sister took this photo from her back yard.The fire is 20 to 25 kilometres away from her but there is bush all between her & the fire.
Over 200 homes have now been lost, The state premier has declared a state of emergency that gives the authorities the right to forcible remove people from harms way, demolish burnt houses or shore up walls that may put fire fighters in more danger....Things are Bad.
The worst I've seen in my 73 years!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 01:02 AM

Wildfires are dreadful both for humans and animals. I hope they are brought under control very quickly and everyone stays safe.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top